Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Purchased Kal's Control Panel plus... (Serial number 0001)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mskbeerfan

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Purchased Kal's Control Panel plus... (Serial number 0001) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
It's like Christmas in June... I arrived home last night to find the control panel, temp probes and power cord awaiting my unpacking.
I decided a few months ago that I just could not dedicate the time needed to build this control panel myself so I reached out to Kal and got things started. With the help of (Spike Innovations) my brewery is one step closer to being complete.

Kal and Mike at Spike Innovations have been more than helpful thus far.
The communications along the way, pictures of the progress (See attached) and emails every week or two really kept me in the loop and feeling assure that the panel was soon to be a reality.

The professionalism in which the cabinet has been constructed is a tribute to Spike Innovations.
All wires are neat, safely wrapped where needed and very organized.
The packaging included all the electronic manuals and guidelines and each item individually wrapped to protect it during shipping.

I can't wait to start brewing and provide some feedback on how this functions. I just need Mike to get that blasted coil designed as I know many of you are also in line for...

I want to Thank Kal and Mike for the great service and communications, not to mention getting serial number 0001.
If anyone has any concerns about ordering from these guys, rest assured, you will not be disappointed.

Mike Kennedy - mskbeerfan

milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, congrats on getting number 1.

if you want to test it out, you are welcome to head down to pottstown and plug it in. My system is all running.
View user's photo album (12 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing! Congratulations on getting serial number 0001. I guess that makes mine 0000? Mike from Spike Innovations built one for himself too of course so I'm not sure what his number is... 0000.5 ? Smile

Make sure to take the blue painters tape off the relay inside before plugging in the panel! It's only added during shipping.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:50 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that are curious, below are some of the pictures that were sent to Mike Kennedy while his panel was being custom built for him.

This is a custom product that is built, tested, and calibrated by hand. As such there's many hours of labour involved and Mike from Spike Innovations (our official manufacturer) takes his time to get it done right. It is not rushed.

The end result is a panel that has parts perfectly aligned,extremely neat and tidy wiring, and perfectly calibrated (assuming the temperature probes are purchased at the same time).

Pictures of serial number 0001:

Enjoy the panel Mike and happy brewing!

Kal

Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is sweet looking. Nice craftsmanship Mug
pola0502ds

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you have built a few of these, from the time you palce an order how long does it take to build. It took me forever to build mine.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pola0502ds wrote:
Now that you have built a few of these, from the time you palce an order how long does it take to build. It took me forever to build mine.

The 4-6 weeks turnaround listed on the order page is still an accurate assessment. This is a custom product that is built/tested/calibrated by hand and as such it is not rushed.

Kal

Burglar

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the power supplies for the V / A meters. Nice.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just fired up the control panel for the first time this past weekend and made a run using water to check for leaks and make sure I have the process down. Worked like a charm! I am brewing this weekend a Rye PA as the first official batch.
I will keep everyone updated. So far Great work Mike & Kal!

Thanks!
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear Mike! Happy brewing and good luck with the Rye Pale Ale!

Kal

crush

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mskbeerfan wrote:
Just fired up the control panel for the first time this past weekend and made a run using water to check for leaks and make sure I have the process down. Worked like a charm! I am brewing this weekend a Rye PA as the first official batch.

Congratulations! It really is a great brewery!

Could you post a link to your RyePA recipe? I'm also going to make an IPA with rye this weekend. But I've not used Rye before, so being conservative - 8% in the batch. Would be good to see some other recipes for comparison!

thundercougarfalconbird

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, did you get that power cord through Spike Innovation as well? I've been looking for them for a while now.
Spike Innovations
TheElectricBrewery.com manufacturer

Working on: Your Brewery!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thundercougarfalconbird wrote:
Nice, did you get that power cord through Spike Innovation as well? I've been looking for them for a while now.

We no longer offer that power cord for sale due to multiple reasons. For one, the trip current was a little higher than current US standards for GFCI devices designed to protect humans (it is 10mA while the standard is around 5mA). While this probably is not a huge deal, we felt it was unwise to continue offering it directly.

Since then, the supplier that carried these cables have also run out of stock, and do not know if or when they will have any more. So I have to say they will be pretty hard to find.

Your best bet is to try to source a 30A GCI breaker online and use our standard power cord listed here:
http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/control-panel-power-cord

Mike

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: