Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

5/8 vs. 9/16 punch

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feurhund

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: 5/8 vs. 9/16 punch Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I bought the 5/8 punch off eBay without realizing the probe for the kettle had changed and needed a 9/16. Is the size difference enough that I couldn't use the 5/8 punch for the new probe? Kills me because these punches are so expensive.
We should start a library style borrowing system, where members sign up on a list and when they finish their holes they drop e punches in the mail to the next guy.
crush

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't answer the question about if 5/8 will work, but you might want to see this thread
http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24670
on hole punches.

Q.max punches are not so expensive and are reported to work well, and there are other links given also to other punch retailers.

milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an unused 9/16 greenlee that I will sell or let you borrow. I got all my stuff welded
View user's photo album (12 photos)
silverspoons

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: used the 5/8 Reply with quote

I did the same thing, bought the 5/8's punch and ordered the original larger probes.. the supplier sent me the smaller probes without me knowing it, because of a backorder on the larger ones. i punched the holes thinking i had the large probes. OOPS!

i installed the small probe with the larger washer in the larger hole and they work just fine.. i've done a few batches and no sign of any leaks. i had to buy a bag of the washers, so if you need a few let me know and i'll drop them in the mail.

silverspoons
View user's photo album (6 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: