Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Help - I need a disguise

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hennesse

Drinking: On Tap: Quickie ESB

Working on: Primary: Body, Body, Body IPA, 2ary: Paducah Pale Ale

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Help - I need a disguise Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
My wife and I went to the local steakhouse tonight.

The waitress took the drink order from the table behind us - "a dry Martini, please".
Translation - I'd be embarrassed to order a glass of straight gin, so stick an olive in it to disguise it.

The table next to us - "Absolut on the rocks".
Translation - I'd be embarrassed to order a glass of straight vodka, so stick an ice cube in it to disguise it.

Me: "Do you have any good beer?"
Waitress: Certainly - we have Bud, Bud Light, Miller, Miller Light, Coors, Coors Light..."

Me: "Excuse me, let me rephrase the question - do you have any good beer"
Waitress: Well, we have Sam Adams on tap, but we're out of that right now.

Me: "Do you you have any beer that does not have rice in it?"
Waitress: [blank stare]

Me: "Do you have any beer that conforms to the Reinheitsgebot?

Me: "Do have have any beer that is not tasteless yellow water that only appeals to bland pedestrian American tastes?"

Me: [after studying the fine print at the very bottom of the last page of the menu] "Oh, I see you have Bass Ale, I'll have on of those".
Waitress: [with a look usually reserved for dead skunks] "Right away, sir".

After the waitress left, my wife kicked me in the shin real hard - "You Jerk! Snob! Know it all!" And those are the nice things she said about me (this is a family-oriented forum after all).

Obviously, I need to brush up on my technique. What's the "disguise" for good beer?

Dave
crush

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the waitress lists all the beers you don't like, you simply ask, "do you have anything else?"

Hilarious anecdote, though! Laughing

JP

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always add Clamato Or Tomato juice in it. Kinda makes Coors light easier to drink. Lol
View user's photo album (24 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: