Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Lights all look green??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmcmaster007

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Lights all look green?? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So after powering up my CP i noticed that even though I installed the same color lights that Kal has when light up they all look greenish. Is this normal, or is there a way to change this? Thanks.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They LED lights should look the colour that they're supposed to be when lit up just like the pictures on this site.

Blue looks blue, red looks red, green looks green, and yellow looks yellow.

The plastic cover should be the right colour. If you take off the plastic cover and the white diffuser underneath the LEDs inside should also light up the right colour and the white plastic around the LED should be slightly tinted in the colour that you'd expect to see. For example, the red light has a red cover and if you take off the red cover and the white diffuser, the LEDs inside will also glow red and the white around the LED is tinted light red.

More than one person has emailed me indicating that the plastic covers sometimes do not match the LEDs colours inside. This means that either they got mixed up at the factory when made or if the shipper is assembling these, they mixed them up.

You can get some weird colours by mixing and matching the covers with the LEDs.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
tmcmaster007

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after checking the LED's I see that they are all green. Makes sense. Looks like another call in to Pioneer... Thanks Kal.
tmcmaster007

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called up Tim at Pioneer and he seemed very surprised that the lights were shipped out with the wrong color LED's. I happened to order through their Ebay store and they were very helpful and are sending out replacement lights today (along with my NO/NO contact block for my 3 way switch). Just wanted to let anyone else know that is having this problem.
coffeediver

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the green light issue, but figured that was just the way it was. I will not have to take mine apart and check them out.

Barry

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my lights from them too. i got them about a month ago and it will be a while before i can test. i bet i should take the covers off and look at them.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. It's quick and easy to do.

Testing them is also easy. They (mostly) use 120V AC so it's as simple as taking an old lamp cord and hooking it up.
You can test the 240V AC yellow ones too with 120V AC. They just won't light up as brightly.

Carefully of course, electricity kills, blah blah blah. Wink

Kal

pola0502ds

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think i have any extra cord laying around, is there any trick to removing the top cover?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To remove the cover you simply unscrew it counterclockwise.
You don't need to remove it to test.

If you don't have an old lamp or something that you don't mind cutting the cord off of since it's going in the garbage, you can always buy a replacement lamp cord for $2:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YTQYA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=theelectricbrewery-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0002YTQYA

Hook it up carefully, making sure not to short any strands together, and then plug it in. All it takes is a screwdriver.

Kal

coffeediver

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using an old lamp cord is how I tested my transformers and dc power supplies without powering up the entire panel. Wish I had thought of it while assembling the CP, could have saved some time.

Barry

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled off all the light covers and the all the leds shine green except for the alarm light which shines orange.

Barry

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: LED color issue Reply with quote

I just ordered a couple of blue lights (same as control panel) and they too light up all funky. After removing the blue cover, I noticed that the LED's are glowing orange. I contacted the seller and they said that in trying to catch up with backorders, they sometimes just use another cover over wrong color LED's. They are swapping mine out just as soon as the next container arrives.
Feurhund

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing that they would swap covers knowing the customer will have to return them. I haven't checked mine yet, but I will.
rosenjm

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are the same. All have green LEDs with various different colored covers.
View user's photo album (18 photos)
pola0502ds

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only checked one of my red ones last night and it looked correct, i did not test them. I really need to check them all out. If you guys are buying them from the place linked by kal, they don't have good customer service and I don't think I will ever buy from them. Thats just my experience and I'm sure others have had great CS. From what I just heard it sounds like it's the same place...
coffeediver

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought from them from ebay and Tim at http://www.pioneerbreaker.com/ did apologize for the problem and said he would ship out new ones. I asked if he would like me to send the others back and he said not to worry about it. I thought the customer service was great. I will buy from them again should I need to.

They don't make these and the only way they would know they are wrong would be to test each one from the manufacturer, as I believe all the bulbs look the same.

Barry

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the response of Coffeediver. I was happy with the response I got. I talked with Tim also and he seemed genuinly surprised that there was such a problem. I can't imagine them test every single item the stock and this was most likely an issure with the manufacturer. I had a problem with one of my contact blocks and they sent that out too. Never asked to get the other stuff back.
Troubs

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna have to check out mine too then
milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post encouraged me to call pioneer and replace one of my switches. My one pump switch works, but you got to push hard for it to engage and sometimes it sticks for a sec. I called, Tim could not find my order with the switches, but said he would send a replacement anyways. Great customer service, just got to call.
View user's photo album (12 photos)
rmessick

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, only my green panel lights worked correctly! The others were not right - although the lens covers were the correct colors, the blue light had a yellow LED, and the rest of the LEDs were white/clear.
View user's photo album (3 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: