Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

volt and amp meters from Asia Engineer

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
happysacbrewing

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: volt and amp meters from Asia Engineer Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I ordered my volt and amp meters from Asia Engineer, but I think the Chinese New Year holiday is messing with their delivery times. I really want to cut the holes for them and move on to priming and painting, but want to make sure the measurements are right before I cut.

Has anyone here ordered the volt and amp meters from Asia Engineer and could you verify that the measurements are 79 mm x 42 mm as they say in their ebay ad? Much appreciated.

Dan
coffeediver

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I had to reorder last week and there was a mix up. The guy said if we could get that straightened up he could ship by the 27th of January, after that they had the holiday and shipments would be delayed to Feb 10th I believe.

I did get it straightened out though.

Barry

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If no one beats me to it. I will measure mine as soon as I get home with a micrometer and post.

Barry

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got min from Asia Engineer and used the measurements Kal has on the main site. No problems.
View user's photo album (18 photos)
coffeediver

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just measured and Kal's measurements are correct.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Thank you all very much.
milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Kal's measurement. These you have a little more wiggle room on since they have a decent lip on them. I can measure the notch for you if you want. You do not need to take out much.
View user's photo album (12 photos)
happysacbrewing

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Milldoggy. Asia Engineers measurements in their ebay ad (79 x 42) must be of the face. The lip must explain the difference between their measurements and Kal's measurements of the cutout (71x39). If it is easy for you to measure the notches that would be very helpful. Did you do the notches with a file or with a jigsaw? I know Kal's directions say file, but I haven't had much luck taking any significant metal off with a file.
milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a close up, the notches are like 1/16 of an inch. Honestly, i cut my holes a tad bit large and because of that, I do not think the notches are even needed. I used a jug saw to saw in a tad, but I did not like the control, so I ended up using a new sharp file and it was not hard.

closeupNotches.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.69 KB
 Viewed:  10698 Time(s)

closeupNotches.jpg

View user's photo album (12 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: