Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

3 digit blue LED digital panel volt meter 700V AC, 5V DC sup

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: 3 digit blue LED digital panel volt meter 700V AC, 5V DC sup Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Does anyone know where to find the matching volt meter. The one I ordered from Asia Engineer does not match the amp meter. It actually has a green face, but lights up blue. Will still work fine, but I like the look of the amp and volt meter matching.
View user's photo album (12 photos)
rosenjm

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered both of mine from Asia Engineer and they match.
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Münsterjeger

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also ordered both from Asia Engineer.

But don't do as I dit, mixed up ampmeter from voltmeter...
A smal pinstripe of smoke came out my ampmeter. Thumbs Down

I think the resistor was the only thing that burned.
Annyone who has this, can you check something up?
If you open the ampmeter panel i resistor is placed by the LED numbers.
Is this 1000 ohms?
Looks pretty easy to replace, but its YEARS ago I read the color codes.....
rosenjm

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Boys Race Our Youngs Girls Behind Victory Garden Walls, Get Started Now!

I don't really see an easy way to break open the meter to check the resistor. What is the color code?

View user's photo album (18 photos)
milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered the matching one from asia engineer, got a spare amp meter that looks like Kals, any takers?
crush

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat - ordered the volt meter from asia engineer, and the ammeter from modders. The unit from asia enginneer has a green tint to the front filter. The ammeter from modders has a blue front filter.

Has anyone found a matching blue volt meter? Or are folks buying the two green tinted meters from asia engineer?

Anyone with green and blue meters checked if the color difference is noticeable when the meters are on? I'm hoping the LEDs are so much brighter than the light reflected from the tinted fronts that the meters appear black against the strong blue LEDs.

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange! Both of mine were bought from Sure Electronics (through eBay) and they both have a purple tint to the front plastic. The 8-segment LEDs are blue.

So mine match:

My pains were different: I fried both of them when I first connected them as the @#*$&# instructions provided said (incorrectly) that they could be powered off the same +5VDC power supply. Not!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kal"]Strange! Both of mine were bought from Sure Electronics (through eBay) and they both have a purple tint to the front plastic. The 8-segment LEDs are blue.

So mine match:

I just got both my meters in today and the same mistake as Milldoggy(different color lens). So just 5 minutes after noticing the problem I did a search on this site and found this thread and ordered the replacement. The $13 fix was to buy the volt meter from the eBay seller Sure Electronics. US seller and they have a few pictures of the item so you can see they have the purple lens. Castermmt Mug
milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not find any blue 700 volts through Sure, so I ordered the matching amp meter from Asia Engineer. They have the red ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: