Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

MoreBeer.com kits

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Kit, Extract, & Partial Grain Brewing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brewmcq

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: MoreBeer.com kits Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
For my inaugural foray back into AG brewing, I selected MB's Irish Red Ale kit (went with MB to give Kal some love for the site).. what I noticed, though is that they don't post the ingredients list for their kits, which is something I don't really like, but will deal with... 7-9 business day before I find out, right? Smile

Has anyone used MB's kits? Comments about them?
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support! It's appreciated!

Here's a link to all kits:

http://morebeer.com/search/103501/beerwinecoffee/coffeewinebeer/Beer_Ingredient_Kits?a_aid=theelectricbrewery

Here's a direct link to the Irish red kit you ordered:

http://morebeer.com/view_product/18382/102189/Irish_Red_Ale_-_All_Grain_Beer_Kit_Advanced?a_aid=theelectricbrewery

By clicking on any of the links here with our affiliate code in it, a small percentage of anything you buy (not just a beer kit) automatically get funnel back in to support our site at no cost to you. We thank you!

I've never used the kits myself but they're pretty standard. If you go with an all-grain kit like you did, you're getting all the stuff you need already figured out for you. Yeast not included.

The good news about ordering kits from major places like this is that the grain will be VERY fresh as their turnover is very high.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another note:

The kits (like most) are meant for making 5 gallons of finished beer. They assume usually a fairly low efficiency rate (probably around 65%). This means that if you make it as listed using TheElectricBrewery.com setup that gets 93-95% efficiency you're going to get a stronger beer. So instead, just make more (use more water) or don't use all the grain.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
brewmcq

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal,

Thanks for the input. I'm going to mess around with kits a little bit to get back into the swing of things. 5 gallon batches are perfect at this juncture for me. I'll prolly be stove-topping the first few batches (December was a tough month for us, financially) but be adding elements and working towards my AWESOMELIKEKAL's electric brewery as I go along.

Smile
longarmbrewing

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

FYI the B3 kits have a complete list of ingredients when they arrive so if you ever wanted to repeat yourself or tweak it you would know how.

It is nice that they do this because not all of the sellers that are out there will do this. Many just send you the stuff don't say what it is and keep the mystery going so if you like it you will have to return to them for the repeat.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@longarm: to follow up, morebeer.com does include an ingredients list with their kits.. that information just isn't posted on their website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Kit, Extract, & Partial Grain Brewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: