Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Drinking: German Lager, Electric Hop Candy Jr, Scottish 70/-, Cali Common, Maibock, Helles, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter
Working on: Weizen
| Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:07 am Post subject: FORUM RULES - PLEASE READ!
Are you having problems signing up? Please read this.
This forum was created to allow beer brewing enthusiasts to discuss all things related to brewing and other interests they might have in common, including setting up their own Electric Brewery.
You are responsible for observing the Forum Registration Agreement Terms, which you agreed to when registering (reprinted below). Users are also responsible for following forum-specific rules posted at the tops of specific forums (where applicable).
Each member is responsible for only his or her own posts. If another member breaks rules, you may ignore them, but you may not use it as an excuse to break rules yourself.
This forum is moderated. The point of moderation is not to limit discussion, promote or suppress points of view, or any other secret agenda. The goal of moderation is to keep the forums enjoyable and free from problems that detract from the experiences of our users.
Failure to follow these rules may result in removal of posts/threads, and possible deletion or banning of your account. The moderators and administrators reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time and ban or delete users as they see fit, without prior consent or cause.
The offenses below can result in temporary forum suspensions, a permanent ban, or account deletion.
- Insults. Direct personal insult of another forum member (e.g., "You are an idiot.") or groups of people (e.g., "Propane brewers are idiots.") and other name-calling. Why? Because this isn't grade school. People should be able to discuss or even dispute other's posts without insulting people. You may dispute somebody's opinion but not attack/flame the person who stated it. They include telling people to shut up, describing a member as an ignorant person (rather than ignorant about a particular topic), and being extremely or repeatedly rude or sarcastic. It's not your place to tell other users they are not welcome; if they follow the rules, they are welcome. Bottom line -- don't try to tick off others and don't make discussions unnecessarily personal. Their post does not give you a license to break the rules by returning their insults. Although we do not read Private Messages sent between forum members, the rules for appropriate and inappropriate content apply to them as well.
- Harassment. Purposely intimidating a particular member, harassing them, sending them rude or unwanted private messages, etc. This includes personal attacks on moderators for doing their jobs.
- Threats. Any threat or intimation of a threat.
- Registration rules. Violation of the rules you agreed to when registering for the site (listed further below): that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
- Multiple registration. You may register only one account, and if you were banned, you may not reregister.
- Hoaxes. Purposely misleading other members to their detriment. Giving advice you know to be incorrect or harmful. Sensationalism.
- Trolling. Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially egregious case may get you banned.
- Shilling. If you pretend to be a consumer who recommends your own product(s) or favors your own product(s) over others, without admitting your affiliation. This includes vendors who post in threads only to criticize a competitor's product while promoting their own.
- Soliciting. You may not use the forums to solicit donations, votes, or participants for surveys, contests, petitions, or product testing without prior consent from the forum administrator.
- Advertising. Using the forums for advertising, site or product promotion, or for business deals and offers. You may not make posts to promote commercial, personal, or not-for-profit websites, products, or services without prior consent from the forum administrator. Threads will be deleted if their purpose is to advertise, announce, or promote products, services, or organizations, build traffic at other websites, carry out business activities, or for similar purposes that do not benefit our forum community without prior consent from the forum administrator.
- Self-promotion. Without prior consent from the forum administrator, self-promotional links to your blog, video channel, product, business, etc. are limited to your forum signature and your user profile, even if you have a wonderful and useful site, blog, product, or business.
- Reposting. Please don't repost entire articles from other sites. To initiate a discussion about an article, post a link to the article, quote a bit of it if you like, and include your own comments or questions so people know why you think it's worthy of discussion.
- Referral links and pyramid schemes. TheElectricBrewery.com does not condone multi-level marketing schemes (e.g. free products if you refer X number of people). Members who post referral links to these or other sites will have their posts/signatures edited and may be warned. New members who post solely for this purpose will be subject to bans or account deletion.
- Off-topic posts. Off-topic posts are permitted, including posts about controversial political, religious, and social issues. Please keep them in the Off-Topic forum.
- Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.
- Shared accounts. Accounts are to be used by only one person, and not shared between family members, friends or any other people. Registration is free, so there is no reason not to create a unique account for each person. You are responsible for any posts made with your account.
- Profanity. Profanity is allowed. By default the profanity filter will replace such words as asterisks. Club Members may disable this filter.
- Don't discuss blocking ads on the site.
- Repeated problems. Any ongoing actions that make more work for the moderators and administrators or regularly annoy other members and require moderator action. We have thousands of forum members to serve and can't spend a disproportionate amount of time dealing with problems caused by any one member. If your membership is an ongoing detriment to our community then your membership may be terminated.
- Avatars. You may use any avatar you like as long as it isn't sex/pornography/nudity related and adheres to the forum rules stated above. Guest users do not see avatars, and registered users may turn off the display of avatars and signatures completely.
Forum Registration Agreement Terms
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic or ban/delete any user at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. The webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Your email will not, under any circumstances, be sold or or given to third parties.
Our new shop with over 150 new products: shop.TheElectricBrewery.com
Purchasing through our affiliate links helps support our site at no extra cost to you. We thank you!
My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0