Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

One Thing Most Impressive About Our EB?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Using Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KB

Working on: Next brew

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:43 pm    Post subject: One Thing Most Impressive About Our EB? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
For me it's the smooth beers I now brew. Really unable to think of another way to describe. No harsh flavors, etc.

Others?
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I list some of the reasons why I like the setup in the FAQ, including these sections:

https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/pages/faq#Why_did_you_choose_a_three_kettle_setup_instead_of_an_all_in_one_brew_in_a_bag_BIAB_

https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/pages/faq#What_were_your_main_criteria_in_designing_The_Electric_Brewery_

https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/pages/faq#Does_your_brewery_use_any_special_or_proprietary_parts_

(To name a few)

Making the best possible quality beer was definitely #1 however!

Cheers!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Marc

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 14, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured I'd post here even though we haven't built the EB system yet. We've hopefully done our last brew using the old propane system. We've brewed the blonde ale, from your recipe Kal, 3 times now and each time it was different. The difficulty in maintaining constant accurate temperature has been the bane of our brewing experience using our current system. The one change I made this last brew was to go through and do the calculations for mash thickness, sparge water, and pre and post boil volumes. Previously we've been doing full volume mashes which leaves very little room to do a real sparge. Thus our efficiencies and OG / FO were not accurate, usually much lower than we were shooting for. Now we come to this last brew yesterday. I tried to replicate the process on your system Kal, using 1 pump and 2 propane burners. this was not ideal by any stretch. There were moments when it looked like that old game Twister, trying to get hoses and kettles were they needed to be. So our results with the change to proper mash thickness and correct sparge volume and time was an OG of 1.058. I never got anything even close to that before with our current system. Shocked
I'm at a loss to come up with one thing that I look forward to being most impressive about our EB system, however there will be a basket of great improvements in time, ease of process, accuracy, and being able to consistently reproduce great beer.

Marc

Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 14, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consistency is definitely a big deal! I wanted extreme repeatability so that if I tweaked one variable a bit between recipes I could actually see what difference that makes. Once a recipe is honed in correctly I'll usually stop experimenting and just brew it over and over and the results are always bang on the same every time, so no surprises. Especially important when I brew the beers my wife likes... she doesn't like surprises. Wink She wants to be exactly like when she purchases commercial stuff that always tastes the same.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Walts Malt

Drinking: Two Hearted Clone

Working on: Planning my Fall Brewing Schedule

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, consistency is key. What I really like about this system is that I can step away for a couple of months and still step back in and make (what I think is) great beer. I always end up brewing most of my beer in the second half of the year, but it's like riding a bike with this system.
jcav

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's the consistency and repeatability that makes this system so amazing. I can brew the same recipe anytime I want and it will come out bang on everytime. I take good notes and once I punch in the mash temp, or temps for step mashes it just comes out the same. I already have my cold side and yeast handling and fermentation temp control down, so this makes things so easily repeatable. I especially appreciate it when I have tweaked a beer to that perfect flavor that I like and I can make it the same next time. Great system and I have been a believer since I started brewing on one in December 2015!

Working on: Next brew

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree, consistency, repeatability and, at least to me, the wonderful "smooth" homebrews I create.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Using Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: