Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Selling your electric brewery?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> General Beer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatewayracer

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Selling your electric brewery? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Has anyone sold their completed Electric brewery? if so how much is a used one worth? If you did, did you use eBay or craigslist? what's the best method of selling?

Thanks!
Builder

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a "used" one from here, the seller put the pots together but that's it. He had moved a few times before finishing it, and when he sold it he was working in a brewery anyway. I paid $2500 and had to assemble the panel and temp probe wires.
Odmans

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to imagine anyone will announce here that they are selling the brewery.
Master

Drinking: Naked Singularity Stout, Hurricane Bohemian Pilsner, Pineapple Cider, Ich bin ein Berlinerweiss, AbbyNormal Glutton Free Lambic

Working on: Vienna Lager. Witty name to follow.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is 2020 and some decisions are being made that wouldn't normally.

I actually contemplated selling a motorcycle.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for how much it's worth it really depends on the equipment used and what people are willing to pay. For equipment there are simply too many variables (i.e. you can buy kettles and a lot of the other components at wildly different price points).

It would also depend on how well the components were built/assembled too. For example, if someone assembles the panel themselves it'll never be worth as much as having a professional do it. People would want to see pictures so best to post those.

Cheers!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Builder

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:

It would also depend on how well the components were built/assembled too. For example, if someone assembles the panel themselves it'll never be worth as much as having a professional do it. People would want to see pictures so best to post those.

Cheers!

Kal

This is true because when I made my first practice run to make sure it was all working and sealed up, I realized that I had the HLT and boil PIDs swapped. I also forgot to turn down the 5v power supplies and blew the volt and ammeter out right away. One day I will replace that stuff. I think I posted pictures when I assembled it, I tried to make it neat but I know some people don't have the skill or patience (or care) to do as nice of a job as a pro.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> General Beer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: