Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

NEW RECIPE: Belgian Dark Strong Ale (Quadrupel)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: NEW RECIPE: Belgian Dark Strong Ale (Quadrupel) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!

We've added our Belgian Dark Strong Ale (Quadrupel) recipe. A rich and full Trappist beer with hints of dark stone fruit, currants, and molasses. Complemented by an underlying spiciness. Smooth and complex, best sipped slowly and savoured. Can be cellared for years.

Link: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/pages/belgian-dark-strong-ale-quadrupel

Enjoy!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Walts Malt

Drinking: Two Hearted Clone

Working on: Planning my Fall Brewing Schedule

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang it Kal! My last quad I did years ago made me pretty much give up on the style. Now I’m going to have to give this recipe a shot. It will either be a rebirth of the style for me or the end.

One question: attenuation. As you worked through this recipe, did you run into any problems with batches ending up too sweet and not attenuated enough?
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Walt!

Walts Malt wrote:
One question: attenuation. As you worked through this recipe, did you run into any problems with batches ending up too sweet and not attenuated enough?

Give the recipe a read. I talk about attenuation, my past experiences, why it's important, and how I achieved higher attenuation. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Cheers!

Kal

Walts Malt

Drinking: Two Hearted Clone

Working on: Planning my Fall Brewing Schedule

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally missed your comments about attenuation when I skimmed the first time. Now after reading this, I’m going to have to add this to the list after my brewing season for our post-Christmas party is complete. I’m interested in the idea of all Pilsner malt plus Candied Sugar.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy brew day Walt! Hope it turns out well for you!

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: