Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

$200 - Bru Gear 15 Gallon ProBoiler Kettle with element and

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roozter

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: $200 - Bru Gear 15 Gallon ProBoiler Kettle with element and Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I upgraded my entire brewing setup and this great kettle has to go. You can't buy these anymore since BruGerar decided to focus on commercial. The kettle is in like new shape with a weldless tri-clamp for the low watt 5500 W ripple element. Element works great and the tri-clamp makes it easy to remove for cleaning. The controller needs work. It is an early generation Brau Supply controller that needs 240v 30 amp circuit. I had a problem with the SSR melting. Likely because I had it flat on a shelf with no air flow over the heat sink. I replaced the SSR and then when I test fired it I got a small pop and sizzle. I think the issue is now with the black component in the picture, I don't know what it is. This is priced for the kettle and element and the controller is basically free if you want it. It could at least be scavenged for parts.
Included
- 15 gallon kettle with etched gallon markings inside
- Kettle Lid with grommeted port for recirculation/sparge
- 3 piece butterfly valve with tri-clamp
- Thermometer with tri-clamp
- Custom fitted bubble insulation for kettle (double layer) and lid (single layer)
- Hose with sparge sprayer and quick disconnect
- 5500W ripple element in a hotpod enclosure with tri-clamp
- Brau Supply controller; not currently working / needs work

I can ship this if you pay the shipping. I can pack it very well in one of the boxes from the SS Brewtech kettles.

DISCLAIMER: I am not recommending, advising, or otherwise suggesting that you should do electrical work. If you are not experienced with electrical work hire a professional.

IMG_2360.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  94.39 KB
 Viewed:  3186 Time(s)

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2391.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  289.32 KB

IMG_2391.JPG

IMG_2392.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  222.38 KB

IMG_2392.JPG

IMG_2365.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  242.89 KB

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  200.36 KB

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  287.61 KB

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  208.27 KB

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  267.98 KB
 Viewed:  3192 Time(s)

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  294.82 KB
 Viewed:  3192 Time(s)

IMG_2366.jpg

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: $200 - Bru Gear 15 Gallon ProBoiler Kettle with element Reply with quote

roozter wrote:
I think the issue is now with the black component in the picture, I don't know what it is.

That's a definite purpose contactor. We sell them here: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/collections/ssrs-relays-contactors

Good luck!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
TexIowan

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested if the kettle is still available. Where are you located roozter?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: