Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Brewery build thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nimbus3000

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:35 am    Post subject: Brewery Build Thread Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
No hose switching, closed system from boil to keg. Or maybe I was trying to build the brewery version of a Tardis.
Nimbus3000

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for anyone. For some reason the 30 amp breaker in my panel (not the GFI in the main house panel) will randomly trip off. I can run multiple batches without it happening and then it will just trip. I reset the breaker and it will work fine again. I have tried to determine what is going on without any luck. It appears to be a completely random event. Any ideas?
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could either be a defective breaker, or it's actually doing its job and there's an intermittent short somewhere. You can try replacing it and it continues to happen you know it's actually working as it's supposed and then start looking elsewhere.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through the same thing once, long story short it was a weak breaker, I was convinced I had a short but I could stomp on the ground or tap the panel and it would pop

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: New power distribution panel Reply with quote

Been awhile since I last posted. I am getting ready to build another panel to run off of my 30 amp GFI that I use for the brewery control panel. I plan on using this to feed power to my fermenter chamber (chest freezer) and my conditioning chamber (refrigerator) when I am not running the brewery. I have attached a schematic of how I plan to wire the panel. I designed it for 20 amp from each socket but not to exceed 30 amp total. If anyone sees a flaw in my schematic it would be appreciated if you would let me know. I know that I will need to have adapters to go from twist lock to conventional plugs. Tried to set it up so that I can also run my tools in my small shop and Christmas lights off of this panel (old house, not a lot of sockets). All components are DIN style. Thanks.

BackPlane.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  247.27 KB
 Viewed:  13100 Time(s)

BackPlane.jpg

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for parts (including DIN Rail mount), check out our new shop!: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/
DIN Rail stuff is here: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/collections/din-rail-components
(We recently added a bunch of new DIN products too)

Good luck!

Kal

Yo_Pauly

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With exception to the return wires for the lamp and power in contractor, the neutral wires should be sized the same as the line . These are the returns for all current supplied by the #10awg lines.
Nimbus3000

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject: Brewery Build Thread Reply with quote

Been awhile since I last posted. Thought I would drop a couple of pictures of the brew room progress. Still need to redo the walls and add the wainscoting, build a hanging wall in front of the vent hood and put down rubber mats over the concrete. Also tossed in a picture of the Pale Ale that I kegged on the 22nd. Pushed out of the fermenter with CO2 through a 5 micron and 1 micron filter. Also need to add more outlets so I can quit running extension cords to everything.

Front.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  182.76 KB
 Viewed:  12303 Time(s)

Front.jpg

Back.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  183.81 KB

Back.jpg

Pale Ale.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  176.19 KB

Pale Ale.jpg

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing!

Kal

Nimbus3000

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:33 am    Post subject: Brewery Build Thread Reply with quote

Things have been running flawless with system until today. I was doing a "shakedown run" prior to brewing next week. While boiling water in the boil kettle the heating element shut down and the element indicator light (on the panel face) shut off. When I opened the box the red LED indicator was glowing on the HLT SSR with the power shut off to both boil and HLT elements but the LED on the boil SSR was not glowing. I checked all of the connections and wiring to the boil SSR and found no apparent faults. I then activated the HLT element and the LED on the SSR pulsed on and off according to the element switching on and off (the indicator light on the panel functioned properly also). I ran the HLT through several temperature changes and it appears to be functioning correctly. Nothing iI did with the boil kettle element worked. I did not check the voltage coming into the SSR since all of the connections are tight and the wiring looks fine. Given that the LED on the SSR will not light up at any time am I looking at a failed SSR? This is an Auber Instruments SSR. Thanks for any feedback.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Brewery Build Thread Reply with quote

Nimbus3000 wrote:
Given that the LED on the SSR will not light up at any time am I looking at a failed SSR?

Use our troubleshooting guide to troubleshoot: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25460
See the section: My heating element is not firing at all! (or firing continuously)
It'll walk you through step by step to figure out where the issue is.

Kal

Nimbus3000

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Read through the troubleshooting guide and it looks like the only way to check the SSR is to swap it out. I ordered a new SSR and will see what happens after I install it. Kind of surprised that it would fail as I oversized the heat sink and the SSR to lower the heating issue. This is why I built your system, if something fails it can be replaced "off the shelf".
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can test it by temporarily swapping wires with one of the other SSRs.

Make sure to use heatsink grease too (and not too much - see the build guide for examples).

Cheers!

Kal

Nimbus3000

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is this is the proper place to post this but just wanted to mention that the link to the EZwatercalculator takes you to a "dead" web page. I have tried to find the download page for this and have not had any luck.
Nimbus3000

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick question since I cannot find EZwatercalculator. I use Beersmith as my brewing software. Beersmith has it's own water profile calculator that does not have both mash and sparge on the calculator. (like ezwater does) Is there any reason that the salts could not be calculated individually for the mash and sparge water volumes? I am not real savvy about water corrections so I am not sure if there other factors that come into play between the mash and sparge. Thanks for any help.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimbus3000 wrote:
Not sure if this is this is the proper place to post this but just wanted to mention that the link to the EZwatercalculator takes you to a "dead" web page. I have tried to find the download page for this and have not had any luck.

Works fine for me. Just tested it. Try again: https://ezwatercalculator.com/

I can't comment on BeerSmith's water calculator or how it can or can't be used as I've never used it. Sorry!

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: