Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Fast Kitchen Condensate Hood

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottyj

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:35 am    Post subject: Fast Kitchen Condensate Hood Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I contacted Fast Kitchen Hood to purchase a condensate hood for my build. I had a good initial conversation with the sales rep and I thought ready to place the order. I was asked if the hood was to be shipped to a business or residence. After replying that the hood would ship to my home, I received no follow-up emails even after an attempt to reach back out to them...

I’m leaning toward a condenser lid for my brew kettle for convenience sake. Anyone else have this issue?
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing overly special about a condensation hood. I wouldn't buy from anyone who provides sub-par service if you’re unhappy with their responses (or lack of response). Hit up any number of restaurant supply stores in your area as it's easy for them to make and you’ll save on shipping too.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Dandy

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recieved the hood I ordered from Fast Kitchen Hood yesterday and couldn’t be happier with their customer service or expertise. My sales engineer Marek was outstanding regarding communication with me to ensure what I wanted was exactly what I got including welding in the exhaust opening where I required it to be. I emailed them a dimensioned drawing of what I needed and they made it happen. I also had them add a 4’ fluorescent light inside the hood so I’m not working in my own shadow all the time. I’d definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a very professionally fabricated hood. Not the cheapest approach you’ll find, but one of the nicest for the price point. Thanks for the recommendation in your build instructions Kal!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a quote from Fast Kitchen Hood and while it included shipping to BC it was a fairly steep price. I chose going with a local welder at a reputable shop who's done work on my boat and trailer before and was a couple hundred cheaper. So I drew up plans, he used 16 GA stainless so it was heavy and hard to install the brute but turned out nice. Looking forward to running it on a brew day (coming soon).
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condensate hoods are not specialized or unique. I recommend that anyone looking for one hit up a few local (to them) restaurant supply stores as most have stainless fabrication services available and can make up just about anything to your spec. There is no reason to have to ship something this large half way around the country. Good luck!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: