Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Heating Elements will not turn on

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Using Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WAKeele

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:19 am    Post subject: Heating Elements will not turn on Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Tried doing a search but didn't yield anything and time is of the ecesents.

Doing some prep and cleaning for a brew day tomorrow, and was heating up some water for cleaning (long story, but we have no hot water at the moment in our pro brewery during renovations). HLT clicked over but no juice (just the usual 0.1 amps of draw). Switched over to Boil and same. Last time I brewed, I initially had this happen with the HLT, but once I cycled the power from HLT to Off to BK, and back, it worked as normal for the rest of the brew day.

This is a panel built in August 2012 and was number 48.

I was more intimate with the wiring with this panel years ago, but it has been in a storage unit for about three years. It's now back to proper use and is the pilot system for my new brewery here in Alaska (we're still in reno and build out).

Anyone have this happen to them and know the quick fix off the bat??? Working full time for my Air National Guard unit while working to get this brewery open doesn't leave me with a lot of time for troubleshooting with my rusty electrical skills. I'm going to dig into the build manual and maybe a schematic, if there is one, to try to acquaint myself with the innards, but hopefully someone will have some faster insight. Drunk

THANKS!

Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Check out the troubleshooting tips here: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25460

Specifically the section "My heating element is not firing at all! (or firing continuously)". It'll walk you through figuring out where the issue is. This is a common problem. In your case since it's a pre-assembled panel done by us it could be incorrect PID settings, incorrectly using the PID (you mentioned it's been 3 years so it's easy to forget how to use things), a defective part, or a combination of these.

CHeers!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Using Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: