Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Upgrade existing panel to include temperature monitoring

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Electric Brewing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjkilby

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Upgrade existing panel to include temperature monitoring Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi all,

I have an existing control panel with PID controllers and temperature probes and I'm happy with the way it's performing, but I'm data hungry and want to upgrade the system to include monitoring of the temperature probes and logging of the data to my PC or to a Google Sheets file. I'm thinking this is a good job for an Arduino setup but I'm wondering if anyone has done anything like this yet (as a retrofit, not an original build) and could maybe give me a couple of pointers?

Thanks in advance!
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done something similar, I'm not sure how much data you what to record but mine only reads the temperature in each pot in real time, you can go back and fourth to different times, I'll also tell you it want easy to set up, it took me about 3 months with many emails to a developer friend so be prepared to run down that rabbit hole. I have one set up for fermenting and brewing, this is not secure so trust the site, it's local http://www.ozarksmountainbrew.com/fermentation/ I use the ESP8266 board
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Electric Brewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: