Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Water profile - White IPA ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nanotapp

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Water profile - White IPA ? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Greatings from Norway!

My very first post, but first, thank you for this very fine community and "The Electric Brewery" Smile

I have been reading about the "Water adjustment", but want to ask for something I'm not sure about.

I'll trying to make my own recipe for the first time and want to try a White IPA. I have my local water company's report and using "Brewfather" as program for the creation. I did't find any "White IPA" as a target and want to ask here if anyone can help me out finding the right value.

With the White IPA we got an IPA and a wheat in one beer, so how would the profile looks like when we want the characteristics for the hops, and also the malt from the wheat ? is that balanced or hoppy or what is it? any numbers?

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never brewed one myself so have done zero reseach into the style and what's usually recommended for water. Maybe someone else has and can chime in? That said, I'm sure going with either the "Hoppy" or "Hoppy New England" flavour profile from my guide would work (http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/water-adjustment). Or maybe somewhere between one of those and the "balanced" profile? Not sure. it really depends what you're after (there's no right or wrong answer). You may want to try it a few different ways to learn the differences / decide what you like (that's what I did for most of my water adjustment profiles).

Either way, let us know how it turns out and welcome to the forum!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
nanotapp

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
I've never brewed one myself so have done zero reseach into the style and what's usually recommended for water. Maybe someone else has and can chime in? That said, I'm sure going with either the "Hoppy" or "Hoppy New England" flavour profile from my guide would work (http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/water-adjustment). Or maybe somewhere between one of those and the "balanced" profile? Not sure. it really depends what you're after (there's no right or wrong answer). You may want to try it a few different ways to learn the differences / decide what you like (that's what I did for most of my water adjustment profiles).

Either way, let us know how it turns out and welcome to the forum!

Kal

Thank's Kal!
Your right about it, I also have to try and taste, and find my way/taste.. Smile But not doing it wrong the first time would help much!

I dive into your examles suggestions here and see. Smile The White IPA is an American IPA character, so perhaps between "Hoppy" (for hoppy American styles) and "Balanced" for the first "test".

-TA

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good! Let us know how it turns out.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nanotapp wrote:
I dive into your examles suggestions here and see. Smile The White IPA is an American IPA character, so perhaps between "Hoppy" (for hoppy American styles) and "Balanced" for the first "test".

Just curious what water profile you ended up with and how it turned out?

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: