Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Location of lock on face of enclosure ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erik.vogan

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:17 am    Post subject: Location of lock on face of enclosure ? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello all,

I am contemplating modifying Kal's excellent design for the brewery control panel ever so slightly, and would love some information.

I am hoping to fit the control panel into a 16" (high) x 12" (wide) enclosure. It is a small difference, but those extra inches are important to me for easier storage, and I like the aesthetic of a rectangular panel over a square one. In order to complete my design, I was hoping someone could tell me where the lock face is located on the front of the enclosure available from Amazon: Yuco YC-16X16X8 Enclosure

I believe the 16"x12" enclosure is likely to have the lock in the same place as the 16"x16" enclosure, so can anyone who has purchased the larger enclosure (or the 16"x12" one) tell me how far the center of the lock is inset from the edge of the enclosure, and what diameter the lock face is ? I am assuming it is center vertically, but if that assumption is not right I welcome a correction.

I have looked online extensively for this documentation, but I've not yet found the lock location documented, and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Erik
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure anyone here can help you with that as the odds of anyone purchasing that exact enclosure is pretty slim. I'd recommend talking to the enclosure manufacturer as every enclosure is different. Only they would know. That said, if someone reading here has purchased that exact enclosure, hopefully they can help you out.

Keep in mind too that the extra 4" is going to make it extremely tight for you to fit in everything and leave room to work. We don't recommend anything smaller than 16x16" in our build instructions for this reason. We do mention that 20x16" would work however if you want non-square (but it would be larger of course).

Here's our 30A panel wired up in a 16x16" enclosure:

If you want a 50A panel and go with out DIN products it takes room too:

That's only the inside of course. The front panel will need a complete redesign in order to fit everything normally in a 16" space into 12" wide.

If you decide you want to save some time, consider our pre-punched enclosures here:
https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/collections/electric-brewery-control-panel-enclosures

Purchase a heat sink at the same time we will tap the heat sink for you and include mounting bolts at no extra cost.

Cheers!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: