Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

AbbyNormal Gluten Free Lambic

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master

Drinking: Naked Singularity Stout, Hurricane Bohemian Pilsner, Pineapple Cider, Ich bin ein Berlinerweiss, AbbyNormal Glutton Free Lambic

Working on: Vienna Lager. Witty name to follow.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: AbbyNormal Gluten Free Lambic Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
My wife has been a cider drinker due to Gluten causing swelling. Not celiac but doesn't have anything with wheat.

She LOVES Lambic. Especially Framboise.

What to do?

Well, I am making a run at a Gluten Free Lambic style.

Gluten free grains need a fine crush, and channel like a mother if you try to fly sparge. So I batch sparged. Lost some efficiency but it works. I was worried about lack of fermentability since it was my first crack at a Gluten Free beer, and I did a partial mash. Next time, I think I can go all grain without worry.

Partial Mash.

5 pounds Pale Millet Malt (Wheat analogue)
4 pounds Goldfinch Millet Malt
1 pound rice hulls
1 teaspoon Amalayse Enzyme

Did a 3 step mash.

30 minutes at 120F
60 minutes at 158F
30 minutes at 163F

4x Batch Sparge to collect 8.5g Wort.

Added 3.3 Pounds of Breiss Sorghum Syrup

Boiled 30 minutes.

1/2 Oz Aged Cone Fuggles at 60 and 30 minutes to go.

Cooled to 68F.

Oxygenated. Pitched one sachet of Mangrove Jack's M41 Belgian Ale dry yeast.

Fermentation so far:

1.048 OG
1.040 24 hours
1.020 48 hours
1.014 72 hours

Plan is to pitch WLP-655 Belgian Sour Mix after racking to secondary on top of 5 pounds of Red Raspberries. With a vial of clarity ferm because the culturing media isn't GF for the 655.
Master

Drinking: Naked Singularity Stout, Hurricane Bohemian Pilsner, Pineapple Cider, Ich bin ein Berlinerweiss, AbbyNormal Glutton Free Lambic

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG ended up at 1.002.

Racked 5 gallons to a carboy on top of 5 pounds of Red Raspberries. Then pitched WLP 655 Belgian Sour Mix #1 and some Clarity Ferm to clean up the residual gluten form the Yeast.

Bottled 21 bottles of the base beer. Might save for blending, might just drink as is.
Master

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beer is a bit thin on mouthfeel as expected (Gluten Free) but the taste is right on.

Lambic.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.07 KB
 Viewed:  4147 Time(s)

Lambic.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: