Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
Home ]   [ Products ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ What's New ]   [ About / Contact  ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Blonde Ale / Premium Lager
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smaillet

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Thanks for the quick answer Kal. That makes perfect sense. Should have figured that out by myself Smile

As for my second question, any idea why Brewer's Friend calculates the OG for this beer at 1.054 as opposed to 1.048 (see screenshot). As far as I know, I've entered all the parameters exactly like you've got them on your recipe page (95% efficiency). When going through the same exercise with your Electric Pale Ale, I get the same numbers.

Back in Febuary, my friend and I decided that we were going to build our own brewery. He had never done any type of home brewing before. I had done a number of kits a few years back but this would by my first time doing all grain. After doing a bunch of research, watching a lot of youtube videos and gathering as much information as I could possibly absorb, I landed on your site. I was so happy to find such concise information organized so well. We basically took your blueprint and built our brewery based on all the information on your site. You've built this tremendous library and have done a great service to the home brewing community and for that I thank you.

We have brewed our first 2 batches (Blonde Ale and Electric Pale Ale) and all things considered, both brew days went pretty well. We are still learning and there are a number of kinks to work out but we are really enjoying it. Both batches are currently in fermenters and we can't wait to taste them.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you. There is a lot of information out there on the internet and it's easy to get overwhelmed. It was such a relief to a resource that had it all neatly organized in a manner that was so easy to follow. Your efforts are certainly appreciated.

Stephane

BlondeAle.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.25 KB
 Viewed:  525 Time(s)

BlondeAle.png

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: German Lager, Electric Hop Candy Jr, Scottish 70/-, English IPA, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter, Saison

Working on: Kölsch

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smaillet wrote:
Thanks for the quick answer Kal. That makes perfect sense. Should have figured that out by myself Smile

No worries - you're not the first to ask so I've updated all the recipes now to hopefully make it clearer that it's the style guidelines.

Quote:
As for my second question, any idea why Brewer's Friend calculates the OG for this beer at 1.054 as opposed to 1.048 (see screenshot). As far as I know, I've entered all the parameters exactly like you've got them on your recipe page (95% efficiency). When going through the same exercise with your Electric Pale Ale, I get the same numbers.

Afraid not. I've never used their software. My only guess is something to do with your boil off rate maybe as that's not something I see listed in your screenshot? Make sure that it knows you're getting 12 gallons post boil.

It could also have to with grain maximum yield. See: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/FAQ#What_sort_of_efficiency_do_you_achieve_with_your_setup_

Thanks for the compliments! Glad to hear it's worked out well for you! Happy brewing!

Kal

View user's photo album (21 photos)
chastuck

Drinking: Bitter

Working on: IPA

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to brew this recipe as the lager version and use W-34/70 dry yeast. I was wondering about the rehydration aspect of the yeast. Normally to rehydrate dry yeast I would use sterile water or wort at roughly 70F. Meanwhile of course before pitching I have cooled the wort down to around 50F. I have heard that pitching a warm yeast into a colder wort would send it to 'sleep'. Do I have to cool the rehydrated yeast mixture down to the wort temperature before pitching into the wort?
View user's photo album (1 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: German Lager, Electric Hop Candy Jr, Scottish 70/-, English IPA, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter, Saison

Working on: Kölsch

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would usually rehydrate dry yeast in room temp water.

Kal

View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: