Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Bell's Two Hearted Ale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potasken

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Thanks for the water advise Kal. As stated, I am just starting to consider my water situation. I guess my best plan of action right now is to get lab tests for my untreated water and consider a RO system. I am brewing again this weekend and had already planned on doing a 50% dilution of my water.
rivetcatcher

Drinking: Way Out Wheat - Mindcircus

Working on: Zombie Dust

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brewed this recently and it turned out great.

I haven't tried the original Two Hearted but if it is anything like this then I understand why it is currently rated Americas best beer. This clone is a perfect balance of hoppiness, malt and alcohol. Incredible beer which turns out a shining example of the style. This went down well with all who tried.

I would go as far as saying this recipe was flawless.

Rivet
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you liked it Rivet! It's definitely a classic beer that really shows off Centennial hops.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recipe has been re-written and moved to our new site.

See: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/pages/bells-two-hearted-ale

This thread will remain open for questions. Cheers!

Kal

Walts Malt

Drinking: Two Hearted Clone

Working on: Planning my Fall Brewing Schedule

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: I was thinking of brewing this for a fishing trip next month, but didn’t need a 7% ABV beer for boat mates. I was wondering if I just scaled this recipe to about 6%, would it dramatically change it. I know it won’t be the same beer, but will it be enjoyable?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walts Malt wrote:
Question: I was thinking of brewing this for a fishing trip next month, but didn’t need a 7% ABV beer for boat mates. I was wondering if I just scaled this recipe to about 6%, would it dramatically change it. I know it won’t be the same beer, but will it be enjoyable?

I'm sure it would still be very enjoyable. You may want to keep the bitterness to gravity units (called BU:GU) the same, but 7% down to 6% ABV isn't a massive change. Enjoy!

Kal

jcav

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kal, this beer has been requested for me to brew for this year's 4th of July party. I plan to brew this in June but was curious how long does this beer need to cold condition in the keg before it is spot on, so I can time when I brew this beauty. Is it ready right after force carbing in 24 hours or so, or does it need about a week to come together?

John

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Force carb and then after a week or two it should be perfect, like most IPAs.

You can read more what I recommend in the NOTES/PROCESS section: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/pages/bells-two-hearted-ale#Notes_Process

Enjoy!

Kal

jcav

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, that is what I thought but just wanted to see if this one is any different with conditioning times. I will plan to put this in the keg 7 to 12 days before I need it and all should be well. Thanks for the quick response! Going on a little over five years now brewing with your control box and electric brewery. Batch # 66 (I brew 10 gallons once a month) coming up next weekend!

Cheers!

John

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your brew day next weekend John!

Kal

jcav

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal, just wanted to say that this beer is fantastic! Everyone at the party loved this beer. I had a can of Two Hearted that I got in Orlando a few weeks ago that was canned on 5/25/2021. We did a side by side comparison and this recipe really comes close. The people at the party all said that the one I made had brighter and fresher hops and the aroma popped more than the real one! Also it was so smooth and balanced and drinks like a much lighter beer. This one will sneak up on you! Thanks again for posting another stellar recipe!

Cheers,

John

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great John! Glad to hear that the beer turned out well and that everyone loved it!
I added your post to the testimonials section here: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/pages/bells-two-hearted-ale

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: