Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Trouble with DC power supplies

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potasken

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Trouble with DC power supplies Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi,

I am trying to finish up my brewery build which includes building the control panel using parts source directly through your kit. The only bit that I still have left to get sorted out is the power for the amp and volt meters. I really am struggling with the power supplies which are the exact same ones pictured in your web instructions. I understand that I need to adjust them down to no more than 5v DC. I turn the adjustment screw counter clockwise and had the voltage going down but I could never get them below 5v. While adjusting them I did get it down to about 7v and gave a few more turns just to find that the voltage hopped back up to 25 where it started. Now it seems that all attempts to adjust the voltage down do nothing. Turning the adjustment either way appears to have no affect on the output voltage.

The doorbell transformers are providing 20v to the power supplies. When I initially powered up the panel for testing I had inadvertently forgot to disconnect the cables to the meters. I was pretty sure I baked both of them. I ordered two replacements have have been try to get the right voltage before hooking them up.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken...
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the troubles! Can you forward your order email to us at sales@TheElectricBrewery.com (or just email us your order details) and we’ll get you sorted out. Cheers!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
potasken

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forwarded the email this morning.

Thanks...
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ken. Email received. Look for a response from our manufacturing/shipping team soon.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: