Yes. Panel was pre-assembled. Now that it's been an issue, I'm watching it closely. If it appears to get too hot again, I may start rewiring. I think it was the wiring to the plug, though. I think it may have not been clamped well or as you said got some insulation in it. I thought you'd be interested seeing the pictures.
Joined: 12 Dec 2010 Posts: 10600 Location: Ottawa, Canada
Drinking: German Lager, Electric Creamsicle, London Pride, Kolsch, German Pils, Belgian Dubbel, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter
Working on: Weizen, Belgian Quad, Belgian IPA
Link Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:58 pm Post subject:
But in that black HOT wire were strands cut as it appears to be? If yes, that wire should be replaced. In fact, all high current wiring should probably be inspected and replaced where needed. That's careless assembly by whomever assembled for you.
Link Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:27 pm Post subject:
Looking real close at this picture it looks to me like several strands of the black wire were cut off most likely as part of the wire stripping operation. Was the black wire terminal the melted terminal?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum