Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Wort Chillers (again) Down To Two Final Products
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazumichan

Working on: Belgium golden, Dubbel, and imperial red

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Is that at Wright Patt?
mjo2125

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope- an oil refinery
mjo2125

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...almost a year later

IMG_0577.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.71 KB
 Viewed:  5827 Time(s)

IMG_0577.jpg

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how much beer have you chilled with that thing? Wink

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
McGruber

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the OP was a long time ago, but here it is anyway. Since I do a bunch of lagers I needed a way to chill faster and colder than a counterflow chiller could do. I built in a filter of sorts in between the counterflow and plate chillers to catch cold break and hop material. The counterflow cools with regular tap water, and the plate chills with glycol. I adjust temp by adusting the glycol "out" valve on the garden hose quick disconnects. Works great. My only complaint is that really the only way to clean the filter is to dismantle and scrub it. This entails disconnecting the glycol, O2, and wort hoses and moving the whole contraption to the sink to capture the invariably spilled wort. It's bulky and heavy, but it works great.

I've had trouble with wort backing up into the O2 carb stone and oxygen line. To battle that problem I just bought two gas one-way valves that will help so hopefully I don't have to sanitize the O2 line each time too.

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30541&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=oxygen&&start=40

img_9081_a_146.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  282.58 KB
 Viewed:  5751 Time(s)

img_9081_a_146.jpg

mjo2125

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
So how much beer have you chilled with that thing? Wink

Kal

Design flow rate is 5,423 gallons per minute. In beer terms, that's about 58,000 bottles per minute or 43,000 pints per minute or 2,400 cases per min, or 1,100 kegs per minute or 175 US beer barrels per minute - take your pick! Smile

This reminds me of an article I read in the WSJ a few years ago. Apparently, in some cities/towns in Belgium, the local governments are running underground pipelines directly from the Breweries to the Brew Pubs. Guess the streets are too narrow to handle huge delivery trucks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: