Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Anyone use Blichmann's QuickCarb?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Packaging & Serving
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perogi

Drinking: Perogi Pale, NEIPA, Nutter's Crossing Nut Brown Ale, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter Clone

Working on: Max's Maibock

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject: Anyone use Blichmann's QuickCarb? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Has anyone used Blichmann's quickcarb https://www.blichmannengineering.com/products/quickcarb?
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. I don't really see the point. I normally carb up over a 1-2 week period when the beer conditions as most beers need that time anyway. Lagers, even longer.

When I want to carb beers fast that do not need as much conditioning such as my NEIPAs or other quick to drink beers that are best fresh, I keg the beer and throw it in a keezer with the pressure set to ~40 PSI for 24-36 hours. Perfectly carbed in a day or a day and a half. This to me is actually less work as there's nothing to clean after, nothing special to do other than turn the regulator up and then back down. No extra equipment required either.

YMMV!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I designed a quick carb system and it carbs in an hour but it also clouds your beer up so I stopped using it

Drinking: Amber Ale

Working on: Electric Hop Candy Jr., Toy Soldier Stout, Crispy Pils

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the QuickCarb and like it quite a bit. You can use it for oxygenating as well, but that's a bigger PITA and I just use the QC when I'm impatient Smile

Cleaning isn't a huge pain, but as Kal says, it does take some extra time pre and post carb to sanitize. It's simple to use - bring the beer down to temp, use a carbonation table to figure out what pressure you need to set the regulator for (I always add a pound), hook up the lines and plug the pump in. It usually takes 45-60min, and it works well.
perogi

Drinking: Perogi Pale, NEIPA, Nutter's Crossing Nut Brown Ale, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter Clone

Working on: Max's Maibock

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks pinbrew!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Packaging & Serving All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: