Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

OVER PITCHING
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Yeast & Fermentation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkdjim

Drinking: Scotch Ale

Working on: Moose Druel

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
At one day short of 2 weeks in fermenting the Krasen has resided some but the hydrometer reading is at 1.040 from the 1.064
I believe tomorrow, I should rehydrating some dry yeast I have, and pitching it at this point. Am I still in a rush or not?
I have some Safale S04 but the package says 04/ 2014 on it?
McGruber

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkdjim wrote:
At one day short of 2 weeks in fermenting the Krasen has resided some but the hydrometer reading is at 1.040 from the 1.064
I believe tomorrow, I should rehydrating some dry yeast I have, and pitching it at this point. Am I still in a rush or not?
I have some Safale S04 but the package says 04/ 2014 on it?

Faster is always better, because the alcohol that is created by fermentation protects the beer against spoilage organisms. The longer it sits at high sugar concentrations the more likely it is that you'll have an infection. If your cleaning is amazing though, you could still be fine.

I don't use dry yeast so I'm not sure how long it's good for; but I'd recommend picking up some fresh yeast. Fresher is pretty much always better and I'm not sure how well a 4 year old yeast will do.
tkdjim

Drinking: Scotch Ale

Working on: Moose Druel

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yessir that is what I was thinking but i thoght I would throw that out there in case
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Yeast & Fermentation All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: