Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Wiring Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrewCrew

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Wiring Question Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello

I purchased the kits on the website and i'm currently wiring up the different parts. When it come to wiring the Volt and Amp meters with the 22 gauge wire I received 2 spools one is a 4 wire and one is a 2 wire...... Instructions state to use the 4 wire but i cant find what the 2 wire is used for.

When wiring up the safe start interlock it show in the diagram to screw on 2 Normally closed contactors on top of the element switch..... would I take them off the other switches like the alarm ones that are not being used??

thank you

Jason
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jason,

BrewCrew wrote:
I purchased the kits on the website and i'm currently wiring up the different parts. When it come to wiring the Volt and Amp meters with the 22 gauge wire I received 2 spools one is a 4 wire and one is a 2 wire...... Instructions state to use the 4 wire but i cant find what the 2 wire is used for.

Take a look at the wiring diagrams in the instructions - in some cases 2 wires will go from two very close together points to another two very close together points. Example: PID to SSR. The 2-wire makes sense there.

In some cases 3 or more wires will go from three or more very close together points to another three or more very close together points. Example: PID to XLR connector. This 4-wire makes sense there.

BrewCrew wrote:
When wiring up the safe start interlock it show in the diagram to screw on 2 Normally closed contactors on top of the element switch..... would I take them off the other switches like the alarm ones that are not being used??

Correct. See the text that accompanies the wiring diagram:

Quote:
When you previously purchased the various selector switches, they most likely came with both a normally open (NO) and a normally closed (NC) contactor. Up until now we have not used the NC contactors. We will be wiring up the two NC contactors on the pump switches and adding two NC contactors to the ELEMENT SELECT switch. These two new NC contactors are screwed into the backs of the existing NO contactors (see picture further below). Use two of the NC contactors from any of the other switches (other than the pump switches of course).

Good luck!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
BrewCrew

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kal Much appreciated, just wanted to make sure I wasnt using wires and in the wrong places
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: