Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

SSVR Troubleshooting

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Electric Brewing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seviien

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: SSVR Troubleshooting Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello,

I have rigged up a simple boil controller, under the guidance of my friend who is a former electrician apprentice.

I have an Auber 25A SSVR with rheastat and heatsink, powering a 5500W element, housed in a BrewHardware HotRod, and activated/deactivated by a Siemens 30A knife switch box, with power originating at a 50A GFCI breaker in the home's main panel.

A Couple points of concern:
-The output voltage from the SSVR does not change from 120V no matter the setting on the rheastat. I am not convinced that it is functioning.
-The heatsink grows quite hot (perhaps 140*F or more)

I assume that the SSVR regulates output voltage, and that the reading on the output terminal should decrease with respect to knob position. Is this incorrect? What could be wrong here?

I also worry about the amount of heat being generated. What are normal operating temperatures for this heatsink and SSVR combo?

Am I missing something? I have rheastat leads two and three hooked to the SSVR as directed in Auber's documentation. One leg of power is regulated through the SSVR, while the other is always on, unless the knife switch is thrown.
SD Endorf

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This discussion might help.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/240v-5500w-element-controller-based-on-auber-ssvr.417474/
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Electric Brewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: