Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Hello from North East England

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> General Beer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
codex

Drinking: American Pale Ale, NEIPA, German Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Hello from North East England Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello to all on the forum.

I have been a member of the forum a while, but first post. I have been researching the Electric Brewery in the hope of building one myself. No previous experience other than kits in a bucket years ago, so will be a steep learning curve.

My plans are well advanced for a garage conversion to a small brew room. Already purchased the DIY control panel, heating elements, probes, cables etc. from Kal. At present, continuing prep work in the garage in readiness to install all the kit and get brewing

Will let you know how I progress and hopefully post some pics.

Cheers

codex
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to your progress pictures codex!

Welcome to the forum and thank you again for your purchases!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
rivetcatcher

Drinking: Way Out Wheat - Mindcircus

Working on: Zombie Dust

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Codex,

I’m from the north east as well. Jarrow.

Good luck in setting up. I have just completed the build.

Rivet
KB

Working on: Next brew

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll really enjoy the EB when finished and up-and-running. Having recently built the DIY kit, I'll recommend the following.

1. Take your time.

2. Triple check things.

3. Test, using the http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25460 instructions.

4. Ask in the forums for help, clarification if needed.

Kraig
codex

Drinking: American Pale Ale, NEIPA, German Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rivet & Kraig for your comments and advice.

I think the control panel build is the one thing I am a little nervous about undertaking. I can wire an electric plug or socket, but that is all the electrical experience I have. I would have bought the pre-assembled unit if I could, but they are not available to overseas orders.

Planning to start on the control panel in a couple of weeks, so there will be plenty of questions to the forum!!

Cheers
KB

Working on: Next brew

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just follow the instructions. Realize some of the photos show things on the left when they are actually on the right and some photos show things on the right when actually they are on the left. Take time to understand the instructions before actually beginning the step.

Only need ability to cut wire, strip wire, crimp wire and do some soldering to build the control panel.

Don't rush. Take your time, check things are you go.

Kraig
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kraig wrote:
Just follow the instructions. Realize some of the photos show things on the left when they are actually on the right and some photos show things on the right when actually they are on the left. Take time to understand the instructions before actually beginning the step.

The pictures are all correct. I think what Kraig means is that the wiring diagrams may show some parts not physically in the same spots as the actual photos of a built panel as it depends on whether you look at the panel from inside, or outside. It's also done to avoid having to cross too many wires in the diagrams which could be confusing. The wiring diagrams are all correct however. Just make sure to read the labels.

For example, take this wiring diagram for the PID controllers:

In your panel the HLT PID will be on the right, or the left, depending on whether you look at the panel from the outside or the inside. In the case of this picture, it was done as if you're looking at the inside of the door as that's where you're going to be wiring. But the SSRs at the top may positioned relative to each other as would be normally done as normally the Hot Liquor Tank SSR is on the right instead of the left. This was done to avoid having to cross wires in the diagram.

The wiring diagrams are all correct, the pictures are all correct. Just make sure the read the labels when connecting wires. Don't connect things blindly, don't make assumptions.

Good luck!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> General Beer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: