Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

My UK Electric Brewery Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beerology

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:31 am    Post subject: Hi Chastuck Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have been searching the net for setting up a herms system, and its hard to find such dedication to detail.
I will PM and ask for the details
Cheers

Beerology
searle.matt

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome setup. Exactly the system I am looking to build.
Will PM for plans if that's ok.
Quatermain

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Amazing setup Reply with quote

Good Day, I have been trolling the internet and Googling images and related topics referring to Home Brewing setups.
I am a newby to the art of Brewing Beers, but reading threw your forum I realized this is the setup that I want to biuld myself and make use of.

Would appreciate it if you could forward me your detailed design pdf file, will PM you with contact details.

Amazing setup and must be enjoying all the brewing you've been doing with it.
Pathos

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great setup. I'm looking to build something similar and particularly like your separate HERMS pot. Will PM you as I'd really appreciate a copy of your PDF. In hindsight would you do anything differently?

Cheers
Jon
Abertawe

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, awesome work mate! I saw from some of your posts on HBF that you later went with the HERMS coil in the HLT. How did that compare with your separate heat exchanger? Was there much difference when doing step mashes? If you were building from scratch again, which approach would you opt for? Cheers!
chastuck

Drinking: Bitter

Working on: IPA

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abertawe wrote:
Wow, awesome work mate! I saw from some of your posts on HBF that you later went with the HERMS coil in the HLT. How did that compare with your separate heat exchanger? Was there much difference when doing step mashes? If you were building from scratch again, which approach would you opt for? Cheers!

No easy answer to this, as both the smaller HERMS pot and the larger HLT work equally well depending on what brewing techniques you want to use at the time. Both systems use a pumped (Chuggers) recirculation method and I have since replaced the copper coil in the small pot with a stainless steel one. The smaller HERMS pot has the advantage of faster ramp up times when heating the water/liquor. Whereas the advantage of the larger HLT is that it acts as a storage kettle for large amounts of hot treated water. The other bonus of the smaller pot is that I can use it as a RIMS if I take the coil out. So, all in all, I am pleased to have both for the extra brewing flexibility it gives me.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
billyb

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome brewstand!
Neolithic

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: U.K. 240v version of the electric brewery Reply with quote

Hi, love your build am also in the UK and about to embark on building something similar to your setup. I was thinking a rims setup but the small herms also looks like it could be worth a look as it has advantages. I was worried about the lag time to step temps from the herms.

Did you get a kit or did spike make a 240v compatible prebuilt unit?

I wondered if I could just buy one pre wired but they look to have 4 pole input wiring more designed for the US 240v setup than ours.

What size batches do you make? I was trying to work. Out if I could get away with a 30amp version and still boil 120-230LL as I am looking for 100L in the fermenter. My hlt and boil kettle are both being made with twin triclamp element ports so I could run 4 elements but for that I need the bigger 50amp cabinet and that's generally too big for a uk consumer unit. Mine has 32amp breakers for the high power items such as the electric cooker etc.

Am very interested to see your build PDFs and also get feedback on if you bought a 240v kit of a prebuilt cabinet etc.

Regards

Matt J..

Currently in Essex but may be moving south of the water soon.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt - Send us an email to sales@TheElectricBrewery.com if interested in some 240V parts. We can likely assist.

Cheers,

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Planbanan

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I would love to see the PDF, if you're still on this blog?

Best regards
Ben
doctorthirsty

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another UK electric brewer in awe of your setup. would love to see more details if you don't mind sharing your PDF.

thanks for sharing Mug
Salopian

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Chastuk,

Awesome build, it is just what I am looking for. I would appreciate it if you send me your PDF, I have emailed you separately with my address.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Kind regards

David
ristonmike

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: New 3 pot system help needed Reply with quote

Hi
I am looking for some help, as I am going to start brewing again after a 30 year absence, I would like to set up a 70litre to 100 litre 3 pot Herms setup, I will have the assistance of my son in this project.space is not a issue so am open to suggestions, if any body has any plans they could pass on it would be greatly appreciated. As for heating I would like to be all electric and have only 240vlts with two 3 KW feeds into my large garage.
Many thanks
Ristonmike
ddluke

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what I've read, you did an impressive build. As much as I want to keep it as a reference, I wasn't able to view the photos shared but I'll just rely on the description given. Thanks for sharing this.
chastuck

Drinking: Bitter

Working on: IPA

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddluke wrote:
Based on what I've read, you did an impressive build. As much as I want to keep it as a reference, I wasn't able to view the photos shared but I'll just rely on the description given. Thanks for sharing this.

If you pm me your email address I can send you a pdf file with pictures and more detail.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won't - he's a spammer. His account has been nuked.
My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
big yogi

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Chastuck, I am also from the UK , I have spent the last 3 weeks reading all about doing a build.
I have started buying most of my parts tor my 50ltr kit, only part i don't understand is the power in on the control panel, can you send your pdf to see if i can get any ideas from you as i can't view your photos.
It would be much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: