Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Temperature Controller at MLT

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WCWMatt

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Temperature Controller at MLT Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
In the middle of assembling my electric brewery panel! The Electric Brewery plan is excellent and I don't plan on any significant variations, except...
I will be ordering the temperature controllers soon, but was curious to hear if anyone has used a temperature display rather than a temperature controller for the MLT. I would rather just have a temperature display with no controls for this one display. Has anyone done the same and does anyone have any recommendations for a temperature display? I have not cut the holes in my panel door yet for the controllers so I have left myself open to some options in this regard. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

FYI - I have 3 custom 15g kettles from Spike Brewing, the electric panel is about 1/3 complete with all buttons and switches mounted and the SSR/heatsinks mounted. No wiring yet. Just need the temperature controllers and the two power ports for the heating elements and I'll have all the parts.

Mug

rivetcatcher

Drinking: Way Out Wheat - Mindcircus

Working on: Zombie Dust

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reason why you only want a temp display? If you did that then you will not be able to set the alarm for the MLT.

Cheers

Rivet
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at only having a display for the MLT when I originally designed the panel but ultimately went with a PID because I it provides a backup PID and the price difference was negligible in the grand scheme of things. Being able to set alarms is an added bonus like rivetcatcher mentioned.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
WCWMatt

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for the feedback. Having a backup PID convinced me to stick with the controller style.
dp Brewing Company

Drinking: Chocolate Taco, Raspberry Mango Cider, American X, Sandy Dunes

Working on: Nothing

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WCWMatt,
I originally had a PID but changed to this:
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=618

It still has some of the features but allows me to monitor another temp at the same time. I set up my second input to the wort out of the CFC.

View user's photo album (3 photos)
WCWMatt

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dp Brewing Company - exactly what I was looking for, thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: