Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

HLT coil exposure during mash?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stickyfinger

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: HLT coil exposure during mash? Reply with quote

I have always filled up my 20G HLT tank to 12.5 gallons, even for a 1.040 no-sparge brew just to ensure that the coils are completely covered. I was wondering if anyone has filled their HLT to like 1/2 coverage of the coils, maybe around 6-7 gallons to make the heat-up time shorter. Will this result in poor temp control for the MLT? That is, is the full length of the HLT coil required to be under the level of the liquid to result in good heat transfer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: