Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Basement floor question

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayBo

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Basement floor question Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
My electric brewery is in the cellar and I notice cleaning up liquids on the concrete is a major pain. Instead of putting down some type of flooring, I'm thinking about doing epoxy or something like dry-lock concrete sealer.

Just wondering if folks have done similar and what they thought of it.
mjo2125

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm researching Rust-Oleum Rocksolid product for my basement. There's some reviews on youtube.

http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/rocksolid
JayBo

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MJO!
mjo2125

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also check out Epoxyplus.com. Both Rustoleum and Epoxyplus have ultra high gloss metallic finishes in different colors for the "bling" factor.
Kazumichan

Working on: Belgium golden, Dubbel, and imperial red

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that I have learned about epoxy floors, from where I work and from others that have put it in their garages, is that if it gets a scratch or crack in it, water can get under it and cause it to pop up.
tkdjim

Drinking: Scotch Ale

Working on: Moose Druel

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes my CMM Room at Boeing/Spirit had Stonehard flooring poured and over short time I had some bulges in areas. Also it was hard to keep looking good. I wouldn't choose it for my garage or Brew area based on that experience. it was really nice looking in the beginning though.

tkdjim
mvakoc

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny timing. In a couple of hours I am about to put down this 100% solids epoxy in my (very small) fermentation room. ~40 sq ft with a brand new (and cured for 2+months) concrete floor to a center floor drain. My understanding is this will be significantly better than the home center epoxies.

http://www.epoxysuperstore.com/100-solids-epoxy-floor-coatings.php

I'm using the 200 kind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: