Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

New house! New brewery!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anticlimaddox

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: New house! New brewery! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Well, I got 80% of the way done with the last setup and then opportunity struck and we relocated a bit. Finally got settled into a new house and carved out a dedicated brew space.

Here was my last build progress... http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28835

Here is the new location, luckily it is right next to the electrical panel and there is plumbing on the opposite wall, so those two will be easy. Venting the hood will get a little interesting...

The next couple months will be filled with turning the the above photo ^, into this...

Excuse the mess, we just got all our stuff out of PODS and all the brewery gear together in one place again.

Ordered a new table for a dedicated mill and motor:

Once I figure out the motor wiring, I can get to cutting a hole in the table for the grains to fall through. If you know a thing or two about electrical (and I hear there may be a few folks here), could use some help over on another post: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=322435&highlight=#322435

Anyway - thanks for looking, opinions & suggestions welcome!
Cheers.

// brian

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Rainy day = lots of work done. Reply with quote

Finally got a productive weekend thanks to some unproductive rainy weather. Decided to ditch the metal panels this time around and kept things simple(ish). Measured out some plywood panels in a pattern that made the room feel wider and made a nice backsplash. Still need to take them all down and poly them up as well as face the couple behind the pots with some metal sheet.

// brian

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Mill motor spacers Reply with quote

Had a local fab shop make me some spacers to raise my mill up to meet the new motor, they had enough material to make a couple of 'washers' to go under the table.

// brian

Drinking: Chocolate Taco, Raspberry Mango Cider, American X, Sandy Dunes

Working on: Nothing

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good! I like the idea of the panels.
View user's photo album (3 photos)
Anticlimaddox

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Progress... Reply with quote

Made some progress over the weekend, got the panels down and poly'd them. Also laminated some aluminum onto the panels that will be behind the pots. Not really a fan of those 2, so they may change soon. That is one of my favorite parts of this set up, can change them all out pretty easy.

Also got started on the milling table. Always fun to cut holes in something that is ordinarily useless with holes in it. You know, like big expensive Blichman pots. Very Happy

Connecting those bigger holes today with a jigsaw, bought a stainless cutting blade. That should be nice and quiet.

// b

Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno - I kinda like your ALU sheets with lots of bolts - reminds me of airplane wings with rivets/screws which (to me) have a nice retro/industrial feel to them:

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Sat May 06, 2017 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Anticlimaddox

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Thanks Kal, gonna live with it the riveted look for a bit - see what I think of it after a brew day or two.
I did get the mill finished though. This thing is a beast.

Next up... Hood!

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now thats too clean, you need to brew buddy Smile oh and i have one of those scales, I love it

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozarks Mountain Brew wrote:
now thats too clean, you need to brew buddy Smile oh and i have one of those scales, I love it

Dying to brew - so close now. Yeah, i had heard good things on that scale from some other brewers. I figure I'll start ordering bulk and save some cash, measure it myself. Mug

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did you get that grain hopper funnel, Ive been thinking about one like that for a while

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozarks Mountain Brew wrote:
where did you get that grain hopper funnel, Ive been thinking about one like that for a while

That is the one that Crankenstein sells as a hopper kit.

http://www.crankandstein.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3

I wasn't able to find one of the square hoppers that fit my mill, they are all made to fit the Monster which is a little bigger (6", mine are 5" rollers). Plus with the round hopper you can just get a galvanized bucket from true value, cut the bottom off and extend the capacity if you need to.

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup I was thinking about stacking a 2 quart with a 2 gallon bucket and screwing them together, I just have too many unfinished projects going lol

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Hoods up! Reply with quote

Got a lot done today with a couple extra hands to help out. That hood is not light. But it is up, along with the fan and control panel. So much shiny.

Got some pots to perforate next...

Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Just missing the somewhat important kettles it seems. ;P

Kal

Anticlimaddox

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew something was missing. Pumps too. I just hooked the pumps up but the kettles will have to wait another day or two. I'm not looking forward to attaching that coil - that has been a leaky pita with the last few setups (albeit they were keggles). Hoping for better this round.

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was going to call it quits for the day but couldn't help myself ('specially after Kal's comment) Wink had to get the pots out. Rigging em up starts tomorrow.

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we're getting somewhere! Smile

Kal

Anticlimaddox

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Holes in the kettles...and an element question. Reply with quote

There be some holes in my kettles.

That all went smoother than expected. Have to run to Lowes as I don't seem to have an element wrench for the coils. Pretty sure I threw one away when we moved not knowing what it was. That said, both my elements touch in the middle. Looking at photos of others they are always more open. Should I care, or try to open them up a bit?

Thanks!
// brian

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't matter if the element rods touch.

On my boil kettle I (gently) pulled them apart a bit to make it easier to clean. On the HLT I didn't since it never needs to be cleaned.

Kal

Anticlimaddox

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger that, makes sense.
Thanks Kal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: