Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Secondary Frustration

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Packaging & Serving
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghandlin

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Secondary Frustration Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I must be doing something simple wrong. This can't be this hard. No matter how I adjust the secondary regulators, they all end up at the pressure of the primary. These are brand new. What could be wrong?

The secondaries are closed in the images, but it doesn't matter.

Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming the valve to the secondaries were open, in the pic their closed

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were, but things have settled down and seem to be working better. I can't get the pressure down more than about 10 psi from the primary which doesn't seem right, but at least it's down. I have the primary at 20 and I can't get it below 10 on the secondaries. I've read elsewhere that people have had the primary at 35 and the secondaries as low as a couple psi.
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you've tried purging the kegs, not sure if you have check valves but back pressure can do that

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had purged, but while it was on. Seems I need to purge *before* hooking up the gas? That seems to have worked. Primary at 30 and secondaries at 11 and 12 which is what I want. Thank you! Knew it had to be simple. Let me know if I'm still off...
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always purge all kegs unhooked , turn the main gage off bleed out the lines from the tank then set the main line first and hook one up at a time to make sure that keg has the right pressure, I do this because I've had the same issues as you and badly need check valves
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Packaging & Serving All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: