Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

8 Tap Setup Suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fseider

Location: Two Naked Frogs Brewery; Reading, PA (USA); Interests: Beer, Frogs, Steampunk, Being Naked

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: 8 Tap Setup Suggestions Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Looking for some ideas from others here.

I am designing / building my kitchen tap setup. It will have 8 taps, specifically Perlick 630's in Brass. My plan is for essentially using a cherry wood with brass accent. The overall surrounding will be wood, and brass for the taps and the drip tray. This will be a very 'warm' look. Also note that I will be running the taps out from the wall, as opposed to using a tower. This is primarily due to the fact that I need to limit intruding into the kitchen as much as possible.

So, my initial request for ideas is around the tap setup. I was initially considering the instinctive approach and running all 8 taps horizontally, equally spaced at 3 inches. And for the drip tray, 26 or 30 inches.

An alternative that I like, conceptually, is to break this up to 4 taps on the left, 4 on the right. Still spaced at 3 inches, but the two 4 tap segments may be separated by 6 inches or so. I would then most likely use 2 drip trays, maybe around 14 inches each, separated as well. And in between, some simple design element.

So, any takers on thoughts, ideas, etc. on how you would set this up if you had to do this? Any suggestions welcome. (Except for my wife's - she content with using the picnic taps currently in the keezer. Smile )

"What's in your goblet?!"
---
Model 30A; SN 0130
jonymac

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have an example pic from somewhere else to get us primed - or is this all you? Got a sketch?
http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=314470#314470
fseider

Location: Two Naked Frogs Brewery; Reading, PA (USA); Interests: Beer, Frogs, Steampunk, Being Naked

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pics or anything really that I could find. Just conceptual from my end, and seems this may be a little unique. (But I find that hard to believe.) Looking for any ideas, suggestions. I am leaning towards two sets of 4 taps in each set. Taps at 3 inches apart, and the 2 sets of 4 maybe about 6 inches apart. Underneath, at about 10 - 12 inches, I like the idea of a single 30 inch long drip tray.

Wish I had some visuals, I know. But to be honest, I am not opposed to ripping it out once if the end result doesn't look good. (But would rather not!)

---
Model 30A; SN 0130
jonymac

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea - can't believe SWMBO will let you get away with it though - I was relegated to the basement, and mine is pretty liberal...
fseider

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonymac wrote:
I like the idea - can't believe SWMBO will let you get away with it though - I was relegated to the basement, and mine is pretty liberal...

Oh, so you're suggesting I should ask her first ..... Smile

Actually, she likes the idea. And I don't ask anymore. After 37 years, it's my turn to agree to something and then do the complete opposite Smile

---
Model 30A; SN 0130
jonymac

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fseider wrote:
jonymac wrote:

Actually, she likes the idea. And I don't ask anymore. After 37 years, it's my turn to agree to something and then do the complete opposite Smile

Between us - you have a point...

mcl

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps some pics of your area would help people make a suggestion. Either way please document this.

How are you going to ID the taps. I am just thinking some of the common ways wouldn't fit in the kitchen.
dp Brewing Company

Drinking: Chocolate Taco, Raspberry Mango Cider, American X, Sandy Dunes

Working on: Nothing

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fseider wrote:
jonymac wrote:

Glad I wasn't taking a drink when I read this. It would of been on my screen. lol

View user's photo album (3 photos)
fseider

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcl wrote:
Perhaps some pics of your area would help people make a suggestion. Either way please document this.

How are you going to ID the taps. I am just thinking some of the common ways wouldn't fit in the kitchen.

I will take pics for sure. I landed on the 8 taps with 3 inch spacing on the centers, spaced in two groups of 4 with a 6 inch gap on the centers. For the drip tray, one single 30 inch. Looks to fit nicely and will do round two of the prototyping this weekend.

Have all the pieces except for the 20# bottle, and that should be coming soon.

---
Model 30A; SN 0130
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: