Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

The Electric Meadery?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Mead
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgalak

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: The Electric Meadery? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Has anyone used The Electric Brewery setup to make mead? Presumably, only the boil kettle is needed. Any problems?

Thanks.
jengum

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have. It worked very well and I'll do it again. Some makers us low temp cook, some boil and some don't heat at all. The target gravity could be higher than with some beers, but it's still in the ballpark.

Belgian styles, brett, lacto, fruited
Charcuterie
View user's photo album (13 photos)
dp Brewing Company

Drinking: Chocolate Taco, Raspberry Mango Cider, American X, Sandy Dunes

Working on: Nothing

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been making mead for about 4 years now and never have cooked my mead. I just add honey, water and yeast. Then wait. Before I made my first batch I did a lot of research on mead and it seemed like half the people tried to cook it at low temp and the other half didn't.
View user's photo album (3 photos)
ParadiseBrew

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just did a batch of mead. i used my system for re-heating up the bucket of crystallized honey. i put the bucket in the mash tun, heated the HLT up to 130 and recirculated through the herms back into the mash. worked killer.... you know this might work for doing some sous vide cooking in the mash tun...

anyway, after the honey was good i heated up a few gals that added into the ferm bucket, (honey first then hot water then stir) then cold water / hot water till i hit 70*f.

good luck
dp Brewing Company

Drinking: Chocolate Taco, Raspberry Mango Cider, American X, Sandy Dunes

Working on: Nothing

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like to keep it on hand at all time. I don't drink it very often but Mead at basement temp (55 degrees) in winter is pretty amazing.
View user's photo album (3 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Mead All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: