Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Bitter JO IIPA

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> General Beer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master

Drinking: Naked Singularity Stout, Hurricane Bohemian Pilsner, Pineapple Cider, Ich bin ein Berlinerweiss, AbbyNormal Glutton Free Lambic

Working on: Vienna Lager. Witty name to follow.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Bitter JO IIPA Reply with quote

I'm brewing a batch of Bitter JO IIPA today to break in my new SS Brewtech Chronical.

Bitter JO isn't a bitter.. It's named because I was a Bitter JO (Junior Officer) after being let go from Active Duty for not being promoted.. At the time it was essentially one shot at promotion and you are in or out, and the year I went up for Lieutenant Commander the promotion rates for E-2C pilots went from it's historical 75-85% to 24%.

I told my friend Stinky (Marine CH-46 pilot and the best man in my wedding) that I wanted "DEATH BY HOPS... IN A BOTTLE". I may have been hammered at a bar in Turkey at the time on a port call. To quote Pink Floyd "I don't know, I was really drunk at the time"

He made something that he said would put Stone Ruination to shame, out of what he had around the house.

It came out to be SUPER hoppy, but also really drinkable.. As in me, Stinky and Radar killed a corny in one night the night I got home from deployment.

I just found out I'm being involuntarily recalled to active duty (I guess they sh*t-canned too many pilots in 2011) and am being sent to work at the same place I work as a contractor... Literally two desks over. For half the pay.

Anyways, it's an IIPA. 118 IBU
OG 1.087
SRM 13.1
8.8 ABV

Currently on 2nd batch, as I only have a 10 gallon boil kettle at the moment. First is sitting under gas in the chronical.

Perhaps it should be renamed "Angry Commander IIPA" since I'm not exactly happy about my civilian career being derailed to go fly a desk in Afghanistan. (I fly a good bit as the contractor in charge of the flight schedule)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> General Beer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: