Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Running chill water / glycol from Keezer to FTSS

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Packaging & Serving
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topdollar

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Running chill water / glycol from Keezer to FTSS Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Guys - looking for some parts advise on how to run chill liquid from my keezer to two SS Brewtech FTSS coils I have run in series across two fermentors.

Basically, a nice clean way to get a line from a corny keg with the FTSS pump, through the 1.5" collar of my keezer, and another return line back through.

I was thinking a couple of these:

http://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/Thick_Wall_CO2_Gas_Bulkhead_p/thick-wall-gas-bulkhead.htm?Click=3715

...but wondering if the I/D of the bulkhead would be too small. Something a bit cheaper wouldn't hurt as well.

Open to suggestions...but has to be mail as I live in the middle of nowhere....

Help?
pinbrew

Drinking: Amber Ale

Working on: Electric Hop Candy Jr., Toy Soldier Stout, Crispy Pils

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, you probably don't want to run them in series. The FTSSs are set up to use stand-alone supply and return line for each unit, so the individual units can draw coolant as temps require. Putting them in series would mean drawing them through both fermenters whenever an individual pump comes on, and having the pumps in series is also going to be problematic Smile I wouldn't T the supply and return lines either.

I know it sounds a little brutish, but have you considered just drilling individual line holes (assuming you're putting them in the wood skirt of the keezer, if you're drilling in the metal body you'd want a hole saw and grommet, and some care Smile ) and some sealant (thumb gum or similar duct sealing putty - spray foam will make a mess) to close it up?
Topdollar

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally see where you're coming from with the FTSS - I've used them in series and get a 1-2F temp differential across the fermentors due to diferent chill water temps and fermentation rates. Just haven't brought myself to buy another controller and pump...but it's on the list!

As for the hole - it's more or less what I've settled on after not finding an easy solution. I was going to run a couple of tap shanks with a faucet adapter on the beer tap end, but figured that would be overkill. I'll eventually be going to a glycol chilled set of taps, so I'll be going with a larger hole eventually anyway. I'll just hide it on the back of the keezer so I don't have to look at the mess Razz

Now I just have to find me some glycol....
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Packaging & Serving All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: