Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

I hate spammers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: I hate spammers! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
All mail from my server sent to @Yahoo.com addresses is bouncing because of this blacklist:

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL139167

Seems they've blocked the whole 206.225.0.0/19 range. We're at 206.225.20.165.

This sucks. If you have a Yahoo.com account and are not getting mail from us, you know why.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got hit by another mass spammer from about 8PM last night until the wee hours of the morning. They managed to post 347 times. I'm now deleting them... one at a time. (Haven't been able to find a mass "delete all posts" for a specific user for this version of phpbb software). Sigh. I hate spammers. Get a real job you losers.

Kal

Last edited by kal on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Codemazter

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those spambots are ruining the experience of looking in to see if there are anything new Sad
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for that. They've been getting pretty bad as of late and I'm nuking more than usual. I'm looking into upgrading the CAPTCHA to reCAPTCHA 2 (we're currently on the original version) but it isn't obvious. Until ten I'm deleting a dozen or spam posts every morning as I wake up as they seem to post at night (relative to North American time zones).

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: