Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

bavarian lager yst

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hopster54

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: bavarian lager yst Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
what to brew with a smk pk of 2206 bavarian lager yeast, i meant to buy 2124 but grabbed the wrong pk.

Any suggestions on a good bavarian lager would be appreciated.

Mug
Bodhi

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a starter of the 2124 going right now Hopster. You and I are on the same page. Though they say the Bavarian lager yeast is for a more malt forward beer like the bocks I'd go ahead and brew your pilsner with it anyways.
Happy brewing!
hopster54

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: bavarian lager yst Reply with quote

I assumed the Bavarian 2206 was for darker lagers, bocks, octoberfest type beers.

I see after doing a little more searching that the 2206 is used by some folks to brew Czech or Bohemian pilsners, so i will go with the 2206 ans see how i like this yeast profile.

Thanks Bodhi.

Mug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: