Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Words of thanks (and new homebrew web project)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin.breza

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Words of thanks (and new homebrew web project) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi Kal (and everybody),

I'd like to thank you very much for your inspirational web pages containing (among others) step-by-step tutorial for "dummies" (like me) on how-to build great home brewery.

Some time ago (after reading all internets three times from top to bottom) I decided to build my own HERMS brewery inspired by your plan (this by itself can be considered as a sign of heroism {or cowardice - choose whatever suits you best} in a country where every homebrewer invokes decoction brewing).

I'm trying to document my struggle on my web pages (in Czech only - sorry for that: http://www.fotozapisnik.eu/gradys/nova-varna) hoping they might come in handy for "local" fellow homebrewers since Central-European conditions/specification/components availability quite differs from yours.

A couple of months ago (mostly to kill my time while waiting for brewery's components deliveries from all parts of the world) I've founded "Just Another Homebrewers Web Project" - www.homebrewmap.com. What started as a "fun" project quickly became more or less serious Web Site with almost 600 home breweries from 35 countries spread across 6 continents ( www.homebrewmap.com/blogs/49-statistics-statistiky ).

Since my original intention was to use the map for Czech homebrewers only, map marks are located mostly in Czech Republic and in Europe. But thanks to our members contributions the site has been translated to 7 languages already.

And I honestly believe (or hope, if you wish) that brewers from other parts of the world can find it useful as well (people were already able to identify fellow neighbour homebrewers thanks to the map and organized beer testing and cooperative brewing as far as I know).

I'm trying to add more and more functionality to make the web "really useful" for it's users - blogs, forums, user groups, private message system, events calendar (including attendees & registrations), homebrew bottles swap, beers & recipes (including reviews) to name some.

The site is (and will be) free to use, so if you like it don't hesitate and register your home brewery - let's fill the map! Smile And one never knows - you might meet new friends there...

Note: Many people are afraid to reveal their real address. They don't have to be. Common practice among our members is to place map mark on some public location (city square, park, railway station, stadium, pub Mug , ...) near their brewery.

P.S. I apologize for this "spam" post. Feel free to delete it if it breaks any rules (but I searched the forum and didn't find such an restriction).
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Words of thanks (and new homebrew web project) Reply with quote

martin.breza wrote:
I'd like to thank you very much for your inspirational web pages containing (among others) step-by-step tutorial for "dummies" (like me) on how-to build great home brewery.

You're welcome! And welcome to the forum as well!

Cheers

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: