Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Modified Beersmith Brew Steps Report

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeyK84

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Modified Beersmith Brew Steps Report Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I modified the beersmith brew steps report to include what I feel is more pertinent information, and I also embedded all of the measurements that Kal takes on his custom worksheet (which is shown on a post somewhere in the brew software section of this forum.)

If you are on a PC just go to C:\Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith2\Reports and rename the file NewBrewsheet.htm to NewBrewsheet_orig.htm. Then copy in the attached file, and rename the extension from .txt to .htm. If you want to go back to the original default report then you can just rename the one with _orig to NewBrewsheet and delete mine.

beersmith screenshot.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.93 KB
 Viewed:  19341 Time(s)

beersmith screenshot.PNG

NewBrewsheet.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  NewBrewsheet.txt
 Filesize:  4.08 KB
 Downloaded:  1150 Time(s)

SD Endorf

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work!
However clicking the "download" opens this in a new browser window.
Renaming and copying the files as instructed isn't working for me.
I'm missing something. Can you help?
HeyK84

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can try right clicking it and "save link as" or "save target as" and then save it to the specified directory, then rename it.
SD Endorf

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it!
Thank you!
HeyK84

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

np. if you want to change it, it's actually pretty easy. I would download notepad++ and then once that is installed navigate to the file "NewBrewsheet.htm" and right click, and select edit with notepad++. it's basic html. you can google any of the html tags and it will tell you what the tags are doing. good luck!

Just make sure to back up the original .htm file before making any changes in case you mess up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: