Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Who uses The Electric Brewery?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Who uses The Electric Brewery? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!

The Electric Brewery is used in over 60 countries by homebrewers, commercial breweries, brew on premise shops, brew pubs, restaurants, industrial and entertainment corporations, distilleries, kombucha brewers, and more! Hundreds have also modified the design to serve other purposes including fruit juice pasteurization, mushroom growing, sous-vide cooking, and the creation of artisan pickles.

Locations include Afghanistan, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Greenland, Guatemala, Hungary, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska)

By far most are in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.

This doesn't include those that build 100% on their own without us knowing so there's likely some countries missing. (If you're reading this in Madagascar or Turkmenistan while your wort boils using our Electric Brewery design, let me hear from you and I'll update the map!)

Some pictures and testimonials here: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/pages/testimonials

Also missing is the USS Carl Vinson Nimitz class supercarrier (location classified) where one of our customers build his Electric Brewery control panel while stationed. Wink

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:09 pm; edited 21 times in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Kevin59

Drinking: Imperial Brown Ale

Working on: Oatmeal Stout, IPA

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, and congrats!!!

Mug
View user's photo album (6 photos)
rickysa

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only surprised that the entire map isn't red
Kevin59

Drinking: Imperial Brown Ale

Working on: Oatmeal Stout, IPA

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickysa wrote:
I'm only surprised that the entire map isn't red

It's actually kind of interesting IMHO to see the pattern of places that haven't had the pleasure of brewing beer at all, much less with this system... And yet, what's up with Greenland? Question There are more than 50,000 people there...
View user's photo album (6 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrjofus1959 wrote:
It's actually kind of interesting IMHO to see the pattern of places that haven't had the pleasure of brewing beer at all

Exactly right.

Compare our map:

To this map of Map of Alcoholic Drink Popularity by Country:

Or this Map of Alcohol Consumption Around the World:

... and you start to see some patterns/similarities.

For example, very low consumption of anything alcoholic in most of Africa and the Middle East. Much higher in North America, South America, Europe/Russia and Australia/NZ. Differences are obviously due to cultural/religious beliefs and so forth.

Kal

Last edited by kal on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear the Electric Brewery users probably like their coffee too:

It's fairly similar.

Kal

ELA

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Bad Wolf Brewing Reply with quote

I just learned about a new brew pub that opened near me, in Manassas Virginia, named Bad Wolf Brewing. Their setup looks VERY familiar!

http://www.badwolfbrewingcompany.com/

Bad Wolf.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.75 KB
 Viewed:  47133 Time(s)

Bad Wolf.jpg

sok454

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That' is an awesome set up... but I thought you can't make money doing small batches....
foomench

Drinking: Pinot barrel aged quad

Working on: Flanders oude bruin in barrel, Flanders red fermenting to refill the barrel

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sok454 wrote:
That' is an awesome set up... but I thought you can't make money doing small batches....

Maybe making money, or how much, isn't so critical to this place.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was being partially sarcastic as I've dealt w guys who say its stupid to do anything less than 7bbl to start. I am of the belief to start smaller but make sure you have the room/space to expand if it gets to that point.
foomench

Drinking: Pinot barrel aged quad

Working on: Flanders oude bruin in barrel, Flanders red fermenting to refill the barrel

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably start at at least 5 or 7. I don't think it is stupid to go smaller, but the delta cost isn't that much greater from say 3. 1 wouldn't be worth it to me, as I want to fill wood barrels, which are ~2x beer barrels. Of course I want steam jacketed, not direct fired, so that does increase the cost ... Or maybe a BruaKon, now that would be sweet.
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: We're up to at least 41 countries now.

Missing is any brewer who built their Electric Brewery setup on their own given that our build instructions are 100% free. We have no idea who (for the most part) have followed our design and have to rely on our list of customers.

So help us complete this map! If you're reading this in Madagascar or Turkmenistan while your wort boils using our Electric Brewery, send us an email or post in this forum thread. Throw in a picture or two and we may include it on our Testimonials page as well. Thanks!

Kal

bruef

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Greenland you slackers - get with the game! LOL!
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: We've passed 50 countries! (Greenland's now on the list too!)

If you're using a brewery based on our design and don't see your country listed above, please email me at kal@theelectricbrewery.com and let me know!

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: