Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Looking to buy 30 Gallon G1 Blichmann Boilermaker
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerz

Drinking: Rye IPA (brewed a year and a half ago)

Working on: ESB

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Looking to buy 30 Gallon G1 Blichmann Boilermaker Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Making ten gallons at a time just isn't working for me any longer; apparently I have too many friends so I would like to step up my game just a little (at least on the daily drinkers). Looking to make three 5gallon kegs at a time instead of two so I'm thinking I can do that with a 30 gallon Boilermaker for my Boil Kettle and leave the other two 20 gallon kettles the same.

If you're looking to get rid of one then please let me know.

Thanks!!

Head Brewer and #1 Consumer
2dogsBrewing - Canton, GA
Jerz

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a 30 gallon pot at Great Fermentations... woohoo... 18 gallon batches... Very Happy
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerz wrote:
I found a 30 gallon pot at Great Fermentations... woohoo... 18 gallon batches... Very Happy

They told me that they are the only ones who have any G1 kettles left as they bought out the remaining stock.

Link:

http://shop.greatfermentations.com/product/blichmann-boilermaker-sd/blichmann-boilermaker-brew-pots?a=ebrew

Mostly sold out.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Jerz

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I received an email this morning saying they only had one left and it was "spoken" for and he was going to call the guy to see if he was going to pick it up. If he doesn't it's mine but if he does I'm still looking.
idingle

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerz-

You looking to get rid of a 20gal G1? Which one? Willing to consider shipping it to Oregon?
Idingle
Jerz

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. I was going to keep it for smaller batches of high gravity beers. It's setup as a boil kettle per Kal's spec.
idingle

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough! Mmmmm beer indeed
Jerz

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Jerz wrote:

They told me that they are the only ones who have any G1 kettles left as they bought out the remaining stock.

Link:

http://shop.greatfermentations.com/product/blichmann-boilermaker-sd/blichmann-boilermaker-brew-pots?a=ebrew

Mostly sold out.

Kal

Kal -

It looks like I've got the 30 Gallon pot lined up... When do you think you'll have the Camco 02965 Elements back in stock? Also, I have a 50A panel that I got to future proof... What do you think of putting two elements in it for faster boil time? Any disadvantages?

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerz wrote:
When do you think you'll have the Camco 02965 Elements back in stock?

Unfortunately Camco (the manufacturer) completely underestimated how popular the 5500W stainless steel ripple elements for brewing would be and are completely sold out. They have a new production run planned but we’re told it will be likely sometime in August after which we will have them available for order again as bare elements. We have enough stock left to fulfill our heating element kit orders but have had to disable ordering of the individual (bare) elements for a while to make sure we have enough stock. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote:
Also, I have a 50A panel that I got to future proof... What do you think of putting two elements in it for faster boil time? Any disadvantages?

A 50A panel for 30+ gallons I presume?

You may certainly use two elements in either the HLT or boil to get to temp faster. Once at the set temp having two doesn't give you any advantages. More cleaning in the boil kettle is the only disadvantage and possibly the fact that you may not be able to use certain filters or other devices depending on your kettle size and how much room the elements take up/how you have them positioned.

Kal

Jerz

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kal... I guess I'll wait but may just get one of the older elements to use for now since I don't have rust issues (yet).

Yes 50A Panel for 30+ Gallons... I think I'll wait until I get the kettle before making that decision but I'm thinking 15 gallon batches (or 18 however you want to look at it) is going to be the sweet spot for me. Having a brother that lives with me and friends that come by to try the next flavor on tap just doesn't allow my brew to last very long. Very Happy

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerz wrote:
Having a brother that lives with me and friends that come by to try the next flavor on tap just doesn't allow my brew to last very long. Very Happy

That's a good thing! Lets you brew more often... Wink

I sometimes have stuff sitting on tap that I've gotten bored of but all the kegs are full so there's no room to make something new. I don't have the heart to dump perfectly good beer ...

Kal

Jerz

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:

I sometimes have stuff sitting on tap that I've gotten bored of but all the kegs are full so there's no room to make something new. I don't have the heart to dump perfectly good beer ...

Kal

Yeah.. well... I still need to get the basement brewery area finished (so I end up brewing less often) or at least get my sink hooked up and find an exhaust hood. Heating and air will be installed in the basement next week (too bad I had to replace the upstairs two units... blew my brewery budget.). So, for now I'd prefer to use my fermentation chambers and carbonation chamber to capacity. I always find myself wishing I had just one more keg... and one more would fit perfectly to my existing setup. Very Happy

I also have a kegerator in the family room that will hold three five gallon kegs (only two taps though) should I need additional conditioning space.

IMG_20150705_144208.jpg
 Description:
Kolsch...
 Filesize:  106.22 KB
 Viewed:  25928 Time(s)

IMG_20150705_144208.jpg

IMG_20150705_144151.jpg
 Description:
Centennial IPA
 Filesize:  103.95 KB

IMG_20150705_144151.jpg

IMG_20150705_144138.jpg
 Description:
Carbonation Chamber with Russian Imperial Stout and Irish Red.
 Filesize:  115.75 KB

IMG_20150705_144138.jpg

Jerz

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That new 30 gallon boil kettle sure is pretty.... It kinda dwarfs the 20 gallon pots. Very Happy

14367134211770.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  206.41 KB
 Viewed:  25857 Time(s)

14367134211770.jpg

tae

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy idea what the minimum batch size will be using the 30 gallon as your boil kettle?
Cheers
Jerz

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me like a 12 gallon batch.... don't believe you could do a 6 gallon.
Ben58

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 gallons is as low as you can go. I keg so for the small increase in ingredients 11 gallons is my minimum.
chastuck

Drinking: Bitter

Working on: IPA

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a 30 gallon Boilermaker G1 for use as a boil kettle and used it for the first time today, along with my original 20 gallon G1 HLT and MLT. I have kept the 20 gallon boil kettle for smaller batches. I usually brew 45 to 50 litres at a time and I found that the 20 gallon boil kettle was nearly always subject to boil overs no matter how hard I watched it! I must say how impressed I was with the way that the 30 gallon contained the boil. My advice would be to always choose the 30 gallon as a boil kettle if funds allow - it makes brewing life much less stressful!
View user's photo album (1 photos)
MNDan

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the two 20's and the 30 all fit on a 60" table? Building my own brewery soon...

thanks!
dan
chastuck

Drinking: Bitter

Working on: IPA

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNDan wrote:
Do the two 20's and the 30 all fit on a 60" table? Building my own brewery soon...

thanks!
dan

My 2 x 20's and 1 x 30 are a comfortable fit on my 2M table (78 inches). I'm not sure, but by the time you add space for hose connections and tap protrudence, 60 inches may be a little tight.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNDan wrote:

thanks!
dan

You'll be fine. If you look at the kettle dimensions from Blichmann's site the 30 is only 2" wider than the 20. I have more than 2" of combined gap between my three 20 gallon kettles on my 60" table.

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: