Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Any Interest in Stainless Steel Panels?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike Innovations
TheElectricBrewery.com manufacturer

Working on: Your Brewery!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Any Interest in Stainless Steel Panels? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey everyone-

We've been grateful to have so many of you order kits and pre-assembled panels and other items through us, it is keeping us really busy! So much so I do not have much time to post around here often.

I have had a few customers who were interested in what the costs were to have our standard 30A control panel built for them, but with Stainless Steel enclosures instead of our standard powdercoated black. I have talked to my supplier about pricing, but with all things in manufacturing, the more you order at once, the cheaper each item becomes.

My question to you is, would any of those on the fence, or considering purchasing a 30A panel, be willing to shell out some extra money for a SS panel if it were an option?

Thanks, and cheers!
Mike

Drinking: Two Hearted Clone

Working on: Planning my Fall Brewing Schedule

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my panel back in the beginning of January. Since they already look so professional, I don't see a need for a SS panel. What's kind of surprising is that I'm usually a sucker for all things blingy.
Besk one

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be more interested in the 30amp kit with the holes pre-cut on the existing panel.

Stainless would look pretty awesome though.
LGarby

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the precut holes in the powder coated panel.
chastuck

Drinking: Bitter

Working on: IPA

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't go for the precut holes. It limits what you can do if you want to customise it. For instance on my 30 amp panel I added an extra PID for an auxiliary output and an extra pump outlet to control a third pump.
GlobalTJB

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LGarby wrote:
I second the precut holes in the powder coated panel.
Third!
LakeErieMonster

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already bought a kit and build it, but I dont think I would have spent extra for stainless, since there really isnt any great advantage to it (at least for the control panel enclosure). I would have paid extra for a precut hole option.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find a stainless enclosure doesn't look as nice. Also hard to keep clean - fingerprints show up more. I prefer the dark/charcoal enclosure. But then I'm biased. Wink

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Tungsten

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I have a major love for stainless steel, but I've played with designs using an SS panel, and - even without regards to cost - in the end I feel black/charcoal with SS accents would be better.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. The stainless handles and various silver/chrome trim on the buttons just gets lost. The tags also look better I find. My 2 cents.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - Pre-punched enclosures with the door, bottom, and top all cut out are now available as an optional add-on with all kit orders. The heat sink also comes pre-tapped. The back plate is not drilled or tapped, allowing you to lay out your parts as you see fit.

See the new option on our control panel order page: www.theelectricbrewery.com/control-panel

Kal

mbiskup

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree with most people above, a pre-punched and powder coated panel would be excellent. I would buy one right now if it was an option.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbiskup wrote:
I would have to agree with most people above, a pre-punched and powder coated panel would be excellent. I would buy one right now if it was an option.

It is an option now. See: www.theelectricbrewery.com/control-panel

We look forward to your order. Wink

Kal

mbiskup

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Let me clarify: If the panel was sold separately as pre-punched and powder coated (not as an addon), I would buy one now.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbiskup wrote:
Lol. Let me clarify: If the panel was sold separately as pre-punched and powder coated (not as an addon), I would buy one now.

Ah! Sorry for the confusion.

That's likely never an option we'll offer given that the receptacles on the bottom come in slightly different diameters (and screw positions vary) based on on the manufacturer you purchase from.

Kal

mbiskup

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
mbiskup wrote:

Ah! Sorry for the confusion.

That's likely never an option we'll offer given that the receptacles on the bottom come in slightly different diameters (and screw positions vary) based on on the manufacturer you purchase from.

Kal

Quote me a price for the pre-punched panel, powder coating, and power receptacles. Very Happy
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbiskup wrote:
Quote me a price for the pre-punched panel, powder coating, and power receptacles. Very Happy

I’m afraid that custom orders (including subsets of parts) are simply not possible at this time as we need to focus on our core products due to our current volume of orders. Sorry. Orders are through the roof and custom quoting simply takes too much time (time we do not have).

EDIT: This is an option we can provide now. Email us at sales@TheElectricBrewery.com

Cheers!

Kal

Last edited by kal on Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
DFITZ

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built my CP using a SS enclosure. As long as the cut out are provided it may be an option. Otherwise I found cutting out everything for the enclosure a bear! I agree with Kal that the end result looks better coated with the hammered finish.

IMG_2271_zps7968f78e.jpg
 Description:
SS Panel
 Filesize:  38.48 KB
 Viewed:  27879 Time(s)

IMG_2271_zps7968f78e.jpg

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DFITZ has a good point: Stainless is considerably harder and extremely difficult to cut. Pretty straightforward for round holes when punches are used but difficult when other cutting tools (jigsaws, drills, etc) are used.

Kal

TomDD

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just ordered my panel kit WITH the cut outs option. Honestly, i have enough to do in my whole damn basement and on the kettles without having to worry about cutting up the panel box as well. from my perspective, where i have limited non-work time and several projects going on at once, saving that time was worth well over the option cost.

thanks Kal/Spike for this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: