Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Fermentation question

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Yeast & Fermentation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwdriver

Drinking: Munich Helles, Schwarzbier

Working on: Guinness clone, Vienna Lager

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Fermentation question Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey I brewed the Munich Helles recipe last weekend and put it in my DIY temp controlled conical. I was able to pitch 2 starters right away. I also hit the cooled wort with O2 for about a minute. Everything sounds good right? Well I haven't seen any action. After 3 days I popped the top and could verify that the yeast was taking and a lot of krausen was forming. Still no action with the airlock. Last night I pulled a sample and things were fermenting away. Still not close enough to bump my temps up. It's OG was 1045 and it is currently at 1020.

I'm planning on just taking another reading in a few days and once I hit ~1010 I figure I'll raise the temps from 54F to 65F for the last couple of days.

Do you think I just under pitched? Any other ideas? Thanks.
Creepy

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it's doing well to me. Gravity is dropping. Krausen formed. All is well. The airlock is likely not bubbling if there is a leak in the vessel somewhere. Probably not a huge deal but some foamy starsan might help find the leak. I'd just say RDWHAHB. Enjoy the brew. Mug
kwdriver

Drinking: Munich Helles, Schwarzbier

Working on: Guinness clone, Vienna Lager

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the vote of confidence Creepy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Yeast & Fermentation All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: