Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

8 degrees of difference inside ferment and out...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Yeast & Fermentation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morrillt

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject: 8 degrees of difference inside ferment and out... Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So i made a cool room. I am using plastic 55gallon drums..... inside it gets 8 degrees warmer....

I am thikning of making some kind of heat conducting rods inside the drum, that connect to a heatsink on top.... any idears on this?

I have been googling, to no avail....

Todd
Kevin59

Drinking: Imperial Brown Ale

Working on: Oatmeal Stout, IPA

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 8 degrees of difference inside ferment and out... Reply with quote

morrillt wrote:
So i made a cool room. I am using plastic 55gallon drums..... inside it gets 8 degrees warmer....

I am thikning of making some kind of heat conducting rods inside the drum, that connect to a heatsink on top.... any idears on this?

I have been googling, to no avail....

Todd

I've seen 7-8 degrees differential in a couple of my fermentation, and that usually only lasts for 2-3 days if that. So hopefully you'll see that reduce fairly quickly.

As to using heat conducting rods I don't believe you'll gain much if anything with a heatsink. You'll need some sort of active cooling solution like a Peltier device as used on this product:

http://www.brewjacket.com/immersion-homebrew-lager-without-refrigerator/

I'm not advocating for that as I've never used it, but I like the idea.

I'm hoping to come up with a solution for my setup before summer hits, but I'm still thinking a glycol loop with immersion coils in my fermenters. Maybe...
View user's photo album (6 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Yeast & Fermentation All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: