Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

help with a water report

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supercub405

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: help with a water report Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
im super new to understanding anything about water im more of a mechanical person instead of chemist kinda person the link im going to insert is my city's was hoping mayb someone with a better understanding of this stuff could help me out thanx a lot i really appreciate it!

sorry its 2011 its the most recent they have on there website and its all the way down on page 18

2011 Cedar Rapids Water Quality Report.pdf
 Description:
Cedar Rapids IA
Water report

Download
 Filename:  2011 Cedar Rapids Water Quality Report.pdf
 Filesize:  1.36 MB
 Downloaded:  1067 Time(s)

Ben58

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, they don't list calcium and magnesium. It is good that they do list chloride, sodium and sulfate, which look promising as a start for the base water. Perhaps you could contact your water treatment facility and inquire about those minerals and include total alkalinity.
supercub405

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good ill see what I can do
Thanx for the reply like I said wouldn't have an idea what I'm looking at
Not a huge concern lucky out water tase really good I'm just be curious what others think with a good understanding of water
Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used a free water tool called "Bru'n Water" to help me figure out my water additions. it my help you as well. After reading the book Water: A Comprehensive Guide for Brewers (Brewing Elements) purchased using the link http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24489 that helps support this site.
"Purchasing anything (not just the products we list) by visiting our sponsors using the links throughout our website helps support this site at no extra cost to you. Kal"

I now use reverse osmosis water and basically build my own water due to the variability of the city water I get from Chicago water supply.

Hope this helps, Castermmt

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Science All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: