Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

RIP Kegerator... now what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Packaging & Serving
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Edmonton

Drinking: West Coast Dry Hopped IPA

Working on: Session Ale

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: RIP Kegerator... now what? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So today was a sad day Sad My Kegerator stopped getting cold on Monday and after checking a few things myself I figured I needed to call the repair guy. Turns out that the freon has leaked out of my converted freezer and that pretty much makes it toast. The guy said he could refill it, but it would likely leak out again in a few months, so he told me to replace it. Problem is, it is custom made and my bar is built around it.

I looked for a new (or used) freezer today to replace it with, but as yet, can't find one the same size.

Any thoughts, before I need to make a new one?

Note to self, maybe don't build your bar around an old converted freezer!

IMG_2165.jpg
 Description:
A look at the now dead kegerator.
 Filesize:  38.35 KB
 Viewed:  6621 Time(s)

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg
 Description:
A partial view of the inside.
 Filesize:  52.29 KB
 Viewed:  6621 Time(s)

IMG_2166.jpg

chastuck

Drinking: Bitter

Working on: IPA

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a freezer do the same thing once and lost gas. I carefully inspected the copper compressor coil and discovered that a section of the coil was just touching the outside of the compressor. Over the years the vibrations had worn a hole in the pipe. I rubbed the section of the coil clean and soldered over the hole. I then got someone in to regass it and its worked fine ever since. Maybe if you find a hole in the coil you can fix it in the same way.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Packaging & Serving All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: